Sugar grams!

Options
CEHayes73
CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
I'm always over on my reccommended sugar intake for the day, usually by lunch time. I'm type II diabetic, so I watch my sugar intake, and my blood glucose, and both seem fine. Today my biggest amount of sugar came from the glass of low-fat milk I had with my breakfast! I've only had whole grains, nuts, eggs, and fruit (1 small banana and a 1/2 cup of grapes) so far today. I can't see how any of that would put me over. Is it just a totally unreasonable goal? My reccommended sugar intake is 35 g. and I'm on 1730 calories. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. By morning snack I blow away my sugar goal, just by eating fruit. It stresses me out everyday. But then again. I figured it could be worse if I was eating candy bars instead of apples, blueberries and bananas.

I am interested to see other opinions on this.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I too go over my sugar almost daily...not diabetic and try to eat super healthy. An instructor at my fitness facility said it is super easy to go over..."eat a piece of fruit and you are over" she says. So I try not to worry too much and just keep the number as low as I can. Then again, I'm not diabetic, so I don't have as much to be concerned about as you! And if someone tells me to give up my fruit, I say forget it!