Anyone heard of the Sacred Heart Basic Soup Diet

Options
So my friend told me about this diet. She said she lost 30 lbs quickly and kept it off for 10 years. Here is the link. Have any of you tried it? If so, what were your experience with it?

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/weight-loss/sacred-heart-memorial-hospital-soup-diet

Replies

• AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Essentially the cabbage soup diet from what I gathered through a very brief look. I tried it, did it for about 4 days - just ended up so sick of soup to be honest!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The only diet that works: less calories in than calories out. PERIOD.
  • Megs2063
    Megs2063 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did it after coming home from a very long vacation and feeling so bloated. Its okay, it definitely left me feeling better, but I only lost water weight, and like the other post was so sick of soup! The good part about it is that you don't fast, you eat eat eat to your hearts desire, but only what they say. I would probably do it again only if I feel like I am super bloated (I.e. after the holidays, vacation, etc.), but was not sold on it.
  • hisgirl32
    hisgirl32 Posts: 2
    Options
    tried it... oh man, i got really sick of that soup :) and i don't like bananas .. so the all day banana day nearly did me in!
    why not just make a low cal for soup every day for lunch, that alone cuts alot of cals!! :)
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    its a super low cal crash diet. as soon as you start eating normally every pound plus some will come back.... Why take a shortcut? It always makes the journey twice as long!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I'm VERY familiar with this diet - My mother put me on it when I was 16...

Look, it's not healthy, plain and simply put. Unless of course you're morbidly obese and need invasive surgery in a few weeks. I do not recommend it!

It's probably not what you wanted to hear, but plain good ole fashioned diet (which includes meat, veg, carbs, protien etc DAILY) and exercise will get you healthy and fit.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    This is the same as the cabbage soup diet. I will admit, the soup is kind of tasty (resembles the Polish minestrone my grandmother used to make) but for a diet? If all you eat is a soup that is maybe 50 calories a bowl, then even if you can get past the hunger, you will lose weight but you're also doing it by starving yourself.

This is the essence of a Crash Diet. If you want to do it that's up to you, but you're getting the same effect as you would by eating about 500 calories a day.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The only diet that works: less calories in than calories out. PERIOD.

Can I get an Amen? I'm 43 and have FINALLY discovered there are no tricks, gimmicks,short-cuts, or anything else that works for me. Less (and better) input + more output = Less me!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of that soup every fall from my garden produce and freeze it. I don't eat just that but use it as a part of my meal ; ) I love soup.
  • wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Amen! I've done it all and its not as good as just eating clean and exercising there are NO tricks or Gadgets in losing weight! Willpower and determination! Unless................... your only wanting to lose weight for just a little while then sure go for it! But if your in it to keep the weight off you have to make that lifestyle change! :) Good Luck!!!!