Count veggies?

Options
When logging, do you log calories for veggies? I am used to WW where fruits and veggies are "free"...are calories for thise foods counted here?

TIA!

Replies

• Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    No, just do a search for the vegetable you eat and add it.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I count them because they still have calories!
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Simple answer, yes! It is about calories in vs. calories out. If it has a calorie, count it. :)
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that makes sense!
  • hipboneswanted
    Options
    Most of the time I count them, but celery and cucumber I don't. They are hardly anything but water! Oh, and same with lettus!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I do, not necessarily because they have calories (though they all do, they are generally pretty low), but because they contain other things like vitamins and potassium that I DO want to track.

WeightWatchers makes you track things in terms of "points", which they keep mysterious and complicated so you keep paying them. MFP makes you track things in terms of "calories" and you have tools available to learn about when you should eat a calorie (when it is composed of the things you need, or when you've already met your needs for the day and want a treat), and when you shouldn't (when the calorie gives you nothing you need for the day and you need to spend that calorie on something else).
  • SGreen134
    Options
    I shoudl be logging crystal light too...dang it!

Off to updating my log :laugh:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yeah, some of the veggies add up to quite a bit of calories -- especially ones like peas.

I also log them because when I'm not tracking I don't get enough fiber/potassium.

On a side note, your profile pic is amazing.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I do so I know whether or not I ate well or consumed all my calories in pasta!:bigsmile:
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I log but don't weigh things like lettuce, spinach and raw veggies ( brocolli , cabbage , cauliflower ect) I just eyeball those.
  • SGreen134
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I count them. I like to keep track of everything. Some have a few calories. I'm pretty focused on my macros and I like to include the nutrients in everything.