Pole Dancing

Options
Tay617
Tay617 Posts: 70 Member
Who has tried pole for fitness or fun? and did you love it or hate? I've taken about 3 classes and I loved it but I was so sore it took me about 2-3 days to recover.

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Who has tried pole for fitness or fun? and did you love it or hate? I've taken about 3 classes and I loved it but I was so sore it took me about 2-3 days to recover.

I usually have to pay for that kind of "fun" action but "love" it. :laugh:
  • Tay617
    Tay617 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    LOL .....
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    I have been trying to persuade my wife to take a Pole Dancing class for years now (for fitness purposes of course!!!!!)
  • fatpal1
    fatpal1 Posts: 57
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Pole is the hardest exercise I have attempted, and I love every minute of it. Make sure you do it with your heels on!!:wink:
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    A gal that I work with started taking classes and loves it so much she is having a pole installed in her new home. (a full dance studio). Her arms have REALLY toned up noticably, her butt and abs really ROCK solid! She LOVES how fun it is.

Anyway, without much "pitch", just seeing her results has me tempted for when I get to a more reasonable weight where that is even an option!

ENJOY IT!!! Workouts SHOULD be FUN!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I got a voucher once for a trial pole dancing fitness class. I really wanted to try it out but I had classes and it was back home which was a 3 hour drive. :(
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I think it would be fun, but I'd have to take a friend with me so we could giggle our way through the stuff we couldn't do. I think it would be a hottt night too!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would love to go; they also have a chair dancing class at our gym I want to try!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    poles dance?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    One of my friends is really amazing at pole dancing, she's totally inspirational.

I think I want to lose a little more weight before I attempt anything like this, though. I don't like the concept of jiggly bits hanging at odd angles or smacking myself in the face with the ladies.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try it... unfortunately I live in a small town where they don't offer that kind of thing :grumble:
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I did it for awhile and LOVED IT!! It was such a killer workout! The pole gym is just a bit to far from my house and in the Chicago winters it's a pain the the tush to drive!! I would do it again in a heartbeat though!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One of my friends is really amazing at pole dancing, she's totally inspirational.

I think I want to lose a little more weight before I attempt anything like this, though. I don't like the concept of jiggly bits hanging at odd angles or smacking myself in the face with the ladies.

You made me laugh, I bet you would rock the pole!
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    I LOVE pole fitness! Every inch of me feels sore after I'm done. I've taken like 10 classes and was about to start the intermediate but I messed up my ankle and stopped going. We had to go in our highest heels. That would present a problem with a busted ankle :laugh: Once I have the time and funds, I'm going to pick back up. My body was loving the burn!
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I took it last year and loved it!!! Worked muscles I never knew I had....sadly they don't offer the class anymore tho there is that pole i have at home :wink:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

^^ This ---- I want to try it too, but I'm scared I might give my self two black eyes!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I love pole (as you might guess from my user pic). It is a great workout, and it does take your body a while to get used to it, but over time you may find your less sore. Many people, myself included, also learn to love the soreness and the bruises, they mean you've worked hard.

Heels are purely optional though. If you love them, wear them. If you don't, it's perfectly okay to pass on them. Plus, the mess up your lines a lot of the time.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Use to take it a couple of years ago :) I LOVED it :) It's a great workout and super fun! Made it to level 3 classes then had to give it up due to money.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I liked it...but I was left with a LOT of bruises on my inner thighs and ankles. I was in pain for days after too...lol

Excellent workout though.
  • zozs_101
    zozs_101 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ewwwww