Workin On A New Lifestyle!

Options
westbrja
westbrja Posts: 111 Member
Hello Everyone,

It's great to be here with all of you! I am a young, smart, single mother of two beautiful children. My daughter is 4 and my son is 2 1/2. I work full-time and am a part-time student. I have recently decided to start living a healthier life by exercising and watching what I eat. All my life I have struggled with my weight and I am beginning to feel the effects of it already. At 27 years old I should be running around with my children and enjoying them at the park instead of from the couch. Although I am very conscience of what the children eat I found myself eating horribly. I am not striving to be "skinny" but healthy. Im not "dieting" but changing my eating habits. I know there will be tough times and times that I may not be so positive but with friends and good motivation I will make it over the humps. Best wishes to all of you and your journeys to live healthier lives.

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the right frame of mind for it! Best wishes to you! :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey there!
    I love what you are saying..because you are not just focused on being skinny or eating healthy..it really is a lifestyle change. And your kids will be so much better because of it..not only will you be happier and a better mom..but you are setting such a good example for them!:flowerforyou:
    If you ever need any advice, motivation, support..contact me anytime. I went through a lifestyle change in the past few years...and now help others to do the same!
    Casey
  • westbrja
    Options
    Can you tell me how you got that cool counter on your profile? Thanks!:happy:
  • westbrja
    Options
    Hey Casey,

Thanks for you support! To add to everything I quit smoking also. Now everytime I think about smoking I head to the gym since its so close to home and it's at the hospital where I work at. It works out perfect. Sometimes I'm in the gym for and extra 15 minutes three times a day on top of my work out, but it's getting me thru the hard part of quitting smoking.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    That's great! And don't feel like you need to do everything at once. It took me a while to get where I am..sometimes doing too much can seem like overload!
    If you want to add me as a friend and keep in contact..please do! I am also on facebook (Casey Fett).
    Casey:bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: