Any wii fit success stories?

Options
How effective has this been for any of you guys?

Replies

• RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    As soon as the weight limit on the Wii Fit board permitted it, I hit Wii Fit Plus every chance I had through the stormy/winter days. I used it in place of my walking, and I had a lot of fun with it. The trick is (for me anyway) to make sure you really put yourself through a solid workout, using a heart rate monitor helps keep track of it- but at that time I didn't have one, so I went for how much the workouts made me sweat. Gross, ya but it worked for me :D

I loved the stepping, marching,hula and hula advanced (though my knees not so much) I enjoyed the yoga stretches as a warm up- then moved into the actual "cardio" aspects the stepping, marching, etc. You just have to really push yourself without hurting yourself. I haven't been on the Wii Fit board in a month thanks to the weather improving. I am sure it thinks I have fallen off the fitness wagon and is sad for me- I just can't pass up these lovely walking days now that spring/summer is here =)

Hope it helped give you some idea? Good luck!!

:flowerforyou:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I used it often at first. Now as I become more fit, it's more just for fun and playing, but still burns calories :) Its a great way to start things (at least that's my opinion)
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I use it every day! I was amazed at how toned my legs and stuff got just by doing "video games" I took 2 weeks off and did a zumba dvd from the library. When I went back to doing the Wii, I had lost some of my stamina. I was surprised. I have started doing the strength training on there as well.
  • princessallison
    Options
    i love the wii boxing makes ur waist look amazing. its the golds gym one
  • thirtytwopostcards
    Options
    I really like it. You can target whichever part of your body you want to, and can switch between yoga, strength training and cardio. I find it really useful and it keeps you motivated by trying to improve your score and beat friends/family.
  • PamelaBarnes
    Options
    My idea is this...It's more effective than the couch! As long as you are moving and sweating it's working. I use it on days that I can't fit anything any, my 8 year old just loves doing it with me so I get family time and burn some extra calories. If the goal is specifically strength training and muscle building, it wouldn't be my workout of choice, but if you are just looking to get moving, then it definitely will do that for you.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend lost 34 lbs using Wii Fit while I was away in Italy. He loved it!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It's a fun way to exercise when I don't feel like going to the gym, but I don't really burn a lot of calories doing it.
  • Deps
    Deps Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I bought the wii fit as my birthday present last year and have used it together with decent eating to lose my weight. I really haven't done anything on top of it and spent most of my time stepping/cycling/boxing. Hula Hooping is probably excellent but it hurts my knees too much. JUST by using the wii fit and not eating junk all the time (I've still had chocolate-gorging moments and junk days just no more Maccas / pizza weekly) I have lost 24kgs in just under five months. I will praise it highly :).

Also the accurate measurement of your weight and the graph allows you to see your progress and it is amazing to see it dropping down down and being able to estimate when you will be at your goal weight. If I kept on at my current progress I'd be ideal by December but obviously I can't keep up the momentum that much!

The only thing I would say against it is it can be a bit confronting and doesn't entirely take into account your body shape. For example, when I was first measured I was so 'obese' I was off the scale it had. Not weight-wise but there is a scale which doesn't go up to the highest weight the wii-board offers which seems silly to me. In any case it was a nasty shock but I have worked my way onto the scale and it's great to see the BMI drop.

I highly recommend it as a useful weight loss tool. :)
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I didn't really enjoy wii fit, but I bought ea sports active and did the 30 day challenge, I found that really good.
  • mandydoll
    mandydoll Posts: 25
    Options
    Wii Tennis is actually pretty awesome for an upper arm workout. Personally i feel the effects the next day so i know my body has had a good workout.
  • holli1406
    holli1406 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've just started using the wii fit to exercise, using the advanced levels. Can anyone recommend a daily amount of time to spend working out on the wii fit?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!