ladies over 40

Options
1235»

Replies

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you go with your girlfriends he won't feel so threatened? He's going to make you miserable if you let him, probably best to get him to join too. We have a super nice club where they meet with you and walk you around, if there's a sauna and pool even better, he can sit around while you work out. You can also bring your kids, there's daycare and/or activities for teens, etc. All in all, not an easy fix. Friend me if you decide to stay on this site. You and I could be married to the same man :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Certainly sounds like he is dealing with some insecurities for sure! Is he willing to take this journey with you? Maybe if you got healthier together it would make him feel better!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    Certainly sounds like he is dealing with some insecurities for sure! Is he willing to take this journey with you? Maybe if you got healthier together it would make him feel better!

he has no interest.. i have asked him to join me.. he said if i lose 10 pounds he would start.. didn't .. he said if i lost 20 pounds he would start.. didn't.. he said if i lost 30 pounds.. there is always a reason why he wont diet or why he wont workout. i even asked if he wanted to join with me .. he said no..

i make healthy meals.. he wont eat them. im tired of asking
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Time for a new husband!!!

I look and feel better now at 42, than I did in my 20s. My 64 year old mother runs a 5k race nearly every weekend. She races more than I do. Age is a number...... and you are only as old as you feel. I plan to be running races into my 70s and 80s if I'm lucky.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is not cool at all. I hope for your sake he would consider counseling. You need the gym just to work out your frustration!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i'm not 20 anymore, i'm 41 and no insult to anyone, but i would MUCH rather be 41 than 20!!!! my life is 100x better. i look and feel aMAZING and i'm in WAAYYY better shape than when i was 20, even though i weigh about 10 lbs heavier now. i go to the gym and work-out for ME. i LOVE the way i feel after, and i have more energy now than when i was younger (NO LIE) worth every penny spent on gym membership, and worth every tear of sweat!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    So I can enjoy retirement!
  • mannon1965
    Options
    I am doing this for me, myself and I. I have rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia and i and determined to keep my body moving. Exercise is the best thing I can do. It keeps my joints in check and also helps to clear my mind. I live in such a rural area that i would have to travel so far to go to a gym. If i was you and in you are able to join a gym then definitely would do it regardless of what my husband said.:laugh: