Confidence

Options
Hi,

For all the people who are over confident with their weight loss and progress in general. Be careful, I have lost over 100 pounds 7 times in my life. Gained it back and more. Confidence is a very good tool along with a good deal of fear. Fear of going back to the life style that got you there.

I know that it all most seems impossible to believe that this could happen, you are on a roll. I'm not like anyone else, this will be my life style forever. Having a little fear may go a long way in helping you stay on your path. I am not counting anything as a success until I get to my goal weight and can keep it off for at least 2 years. Then I can say its a life style change.

I wrote this because when you are in the zone, nothing gets through. The hunger is a challenge that is easily met, exercise is getting easier and I love the burn, no one can tempt me ( I just laugh at them).

This feeling will not last forever, a healthy dose of fear and positive feedback from family and friends will be very important.

To those of you who lost the weight and have been able to keep it off. Outstanding, you have done something that I have never been able to do my entire life.

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Self control and common sense should help battle against this though.

If your weight keeps yo-yoing, you should already KNOW what habits of yours make your weight go back up. So then learn to avoid/curb it? Simple enough imo.

Seriously though, it breaks down to:

1) Notice your clothes/scale is tighter/higher than before
    2) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY TO WEIGHT GAIN - STOP MAKING EXCUSES/DENYING and *DO* something about it.
    3) Review your past/present eating habits - identify what you've been eating/doing wrong
    4) Decide to change your eating pattern.
    5) Stick with it.

Problem with yo-yoing people is that during their bouts of weightloss, they go through such deprivation that they're miserable and the moment they reach their goal weight, they binge again. Being healthy is a LIFESTYLE. You can eat anything, IN MODERATION or as long as it fits your calorie budget for the day or exercise to offset.

Be sensible. Have self control.

Personally, I'm a boredom eater, which is why I'm not at my target goal yet. It's hardwork, it REALLY is. But if you're not going to commit to it, or keep finding excuses to cheat, then forget it. Be prepared to keep yo-yoing.

My philosophy regarding my at loss is: NO LOOKING BACK. I'm so committed to not going back to my overweight self, that I'm donating clothes as they become really loose. I'm then FORCED to work to keep in shape to be able to fit in what I have right now. It's my personal challenge, and I'm enjoying it.