Confused on Net Calories vs Calories remaining...

Options
Ok, so you take your daily calorie requirement plus what calories you've consumed less what you've burned off during exercise to meet the Calories remaining goal. Here's where I get confused. If my Calories remaining total is around 1200 at the end of the day, does that mean I have the option to consume an additional 1200 calories or does that more or less represent the deficit I'm running at if I'm losing weight. I do cardio 5 days a week, with strength on 3 of those 5 days as well. I'm asking because my calorie intake should be 1940 but even if I consume 1800, due to exercise it's still showing I may have 1200 remaining! And I reading it right? Thanks ahead of time for all your input, I really appreciate it!

Replies

• mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Calories remaining is what you have left to eat.:drinker:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    eat em up. :tongue: or don't (some ppl do & some don't) , but I'd say if you had 1200 left over, you should eat them, or atleast some.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    right, if MFP says you have calories left, then those are what MFP is recommending you to eat.

the equations are:

maintenance calories - deficit = MFP calories <---- MFP does this for you already

MFP calories PLUS exercise calories = calories you should eat for the day <--- MFP does this only as you
    add the exercise calories
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    right, if MFP says you have calories left, then those are what MFP is recommending you to eat.

the equations are:

(maintenance calories) - (deficit calories)= (MFP calories) <---- MFP does this for you already

(MFP calories) PLUS (exercise calories) = (calories you should eat for the day) <--- MFP does this only as you
    add the exercise calories
  • stormdragon777
    Options
    Word, thanks guys! I was just getting confused because I was consuming my limit but still finding I kept having this leftover surplus but cool, makes a little more sense. Kinda like "Damn I'm eating my limit but I have to eat MORE?!" But right on, thanks!