CONSPIRACY THEORY: FOOD COMPANIES CONFLICTING DATA

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Do you think some food companies get on sites like this and others and add entries to their foods that are much healthier than they really are to make it harder for you to find the true amounts? I double check everything I enter but I notice for example McDonalds has a wide range on certain food items entered multiple times that are wrong. Sometimes you have to really dig to find the right one and many times there are only a couple of confirms on them! Seriously, you know A LOT of people are eating those same items, so where are all the multiple confirms at? Seems like they have been MAGICALLY disappearing?? hmmm.

Powerade is another example. The powerade mountain blast that has been entered and confirmed by people to have 56grams of carbs for a 32oz container yet only 200 calories listed. If you do the math, a carb equals 4 calories, 56x4=225 calories!

I even looked at a 32oz powerade container at the store and it clearly says on it 225 calories! It's either they are now getting away with stating less calories on certain containers or are coming up with a new way to count carbs or something.

CARBS = 4 calories
    PROTEIN = 9 calories
    FAT = 9

You can always double check based on that.
    Actually your info is a little wrong.

1 gram of carbs= 4 calories
    1 gram of protein= 4 calories
    1 gram of fat= 9 calories

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think that people just read labels. If the info is incorrect, they'll correct it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition