Rewards?

Options
Brengild
Brengild Posts: 127
So what kinds of rewards to you do? How often do you reward yourself? Just curious what others do.

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Clothes, dvds, cds, etc.

I don't believe in rewarding weight loss with food.

I actually read a quote the other day that amused me. I can't remember who said it now, but it said "Stop rewarding yourself with food, you're not a dog." :laugh:
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    After every run I reward myself by jumping in the pool. It's hot here in Cali and that's all I think about while I'm sweating through the work out. Other than that, I haven't really rewarded myself. Maybe I should...I might get better results. Lol!
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    New clothes!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bubble baths with candles and a good book are my regular rewards just for sticking with things. I'll buy new scented bubbles or bath oils or candles. For reaching my goals I intend to treat myself to some CD's and my own (non-library lol) copies of some of my fav books. And eventually, I promised myself I'd get back into horseback riding when I was down enough weight to do it. Almost there. ^_^
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    MORE NAIL POLISH.

I think my husband is getting tired of my obsession. XD
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i do reward myself with food, and i'm ok with that. it is not necessarily junk food! earlier this year, i came to terms with the fact that i'm a "Live-To-Eat"-er, and i will NEVER be an "Eat-To-Live"-er, so instead of trying to do the impossible, i learned to do the best i could do with who i am.
    rewarding myself with food might mean splurging a little to get that pasta sauce or whatever other ingredients i REALLY love but don't usually shell out for, or going out to a restaurant with my husband and getting something sensible. i log everything.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    If I hit my next goal of 100 lbs lost by my 35th birthday, I get a full spa day. Once I hit my final goal weight, I'm getting an abdominal tattoo. It has to be on my abs so I have even more motivation to never get fat again! :happy: