Looking for more SUPPORTIVE friends!

Options
Hello all, my name is Nicki and I am here to lose my excess weight. Back in high school I always thought I was so fat. Now I look back at those pictures, think I'm nuts for feeling that way and wish I could get back to that (maybe a little less than that). I need some more motivational and supportive people in my life. My boyfriend is great, but he doesn't struggle with weight and never has so he doesn't full understand all of the emotional baggage that comes along with the added pounds. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me on my journey and I will do the same for you?

Replies

• soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Aw - we are kindred spirits. :)

I used to think I was a major heffer in high school and the beginning of college but in highschool I was normal and in college I had an eating disorder because I thought I was so fat - but I look back at pictures now and I'm like "what the hell was I thinking????"

My boyfriend is in the Army and ran 17 miles yesterday like it was nothing and has always been really active and healthy. He loves me and is really great and pretty supportive but there's no way for him to really get it. My weight gain came from depression and low self esteem and there are lots and lots of old wounds that I'm healing but I'm still working through stuff.

I already have the pleasure of being one of your friends but wanted you to know that I feel like I get where you are coming from and you have my support 100%.
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we are on the same page! I can't believe high school was only a few years ago and I've put on enough weight to have gone from the high end of "normal" BMI to the low end of "obese"... add me and I will be super supportive of you and your goals!
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    There are alot of great supporters here...some of them are even atheletic.....tee hee:tongue:
    Good luck on your journey!
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend I log daily :)
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Im the same way... I thought I was so big then, and now I'm even bigger. I joined because I decided things were going to be different for me and my future children, so I needed to take control of my eating habits and my lifestyle.
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am addicted to this site and love to offer suport and encouragement and get ideas and help from my friends!
  • jen7eleven
    jen7eleven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In high school, I managed to get down to about a size 8 after being heavy my whole childhood. Even then, at my smallest, I still felt pretty big. I was active in as many extra-curriculars as my schedule would allow, and therefore didn't have time to sit around and snack all day. A decade and around 80+ lbs later, here I am. Happy in my marriage, but not in my own skin.

I am looking to turn things around: one day, one post, one pound at a time.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Hiya

Fell free to add me, I'm 100% dedicated to losing my weight 18lb lost so far 45lb to go! I have alot of motivational and supportive friends and I hope I try my best to support them all too! xx
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely felt that way when I was younger!

Feel free to add me!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Sent a request... Same here. I actually lost alot of weight just after my high school years but then Im not sure what happened, but atleast Im on my way back down again! We can do it! =-) Im looking for more friends too to stay motivated. Ive been here 5 months but didnt really do anything with it at the time. But just started to get back on MFP daily lately. Let the journey begin!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, I log daily.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    add me!
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Add me!! Im on hourly...
  • scubalynnie
    scubalynnie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! My boyfriend is also very supportive but, he just doesn't understand the struggle I go through.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! My boyfriend is also very supportive but, he just doesn't understand the struggle I go through.

^^^^^ This!!!
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Meeee toooo! My hubs only has to "think about" losing a couple pounds and poof, it's gone and then some... he can run 5 miles no problem when he hasn't run forEVER... it drives me insane how effortless it is for him... :-)
    Anyway, yes, I'm here, I log every day and I am doing INSANITY!!! Yay!
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you would like. I log in daily and would love more friends in here.
  • jaimesuefit
    jaimesuefit Posts: 23
    Options
    feel free to add me as well. I start, stop, start again....trying to make good habits.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Fitness Pal. I was not thin in high school but I completely understand your thoughts. Feel free to add me - I am a GREAT motivator.
  • LrdTwitchyMcChin
    Options
    The overwhelming response I got from this post is amazing! Thank you everyone!