Starting small

Options
Hi!
I'd like to loose 50lbs, but that sounded like so much. So I've set my sights on 20lbs. and we'll just see how it goes. I'd find some buddies to keep me in check. This first week or so has been crazy and I haven't always kept in my calorie range. Looking for some support.

Replies

• dansmam
    dansmam Posts: 1
    Options
    Like you I also need to lose a lot of weight about 35lbs, I have also broken mine down to 10lb blocks, seven pound up to now. My only problem is I keep being told I am not eatng enough, though I do like to keep a few calories back to cover unforseen things. Keep up the good work, we will do it in the end.
  • Lisascherer1
    Lisascherer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also would like to loose 50 pounds. I have set a 10% of my body weight goal for now. It is a smaller goal and it feels more attainable to me. Then I thought I would shoot for 20 pounds and see where I am after that. I keep thinking to myself that this weight gain didn't happen overnight, so it certainly is not coming off over night. Slow and steady wins the race :) Best of luck to you!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's great to set goals that you think are achievable for YOU! One of the worst things we can do to sabotage ourselves is to set such lofty goals that we get discouraged when we don't meet them as quickly as we think we should. (That being said - for some people, looking at the big picture is what works, so that's fine!)

I'm with you - I still need to lose another 44 lbs. With the 1st 10 gone, I'm setting my sights on the second 10. I also know that since I started some strength training, that second 10 is probably going to come off slower, so I'm hoping for inches lost as much as I am pounds lost!

Just keep everything in perspective and you'll be fine!! I'm here every day - feel free to add me if you want some more friends to check in.... :flowerforyou:
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Starting small is perfect!! I need(ed) to lose about 80-90 pounds total when I started here and I was TERRIFIED of that number. So starting with 10lbs, then 20lbs etc made it much more manageable. Of course the last 15-20lbs will take me as long as the first 70 :/

One day at a time! Just keep plugging along and it will happen.
  • pharja4
    pharja4 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow that's awesome. Thanks for the encouragement and words of support. I knew I was going over today, so I went on a walk. It was a great day and when I got back I wasn't so off from my calorie goal for the day.
  • parisiantwyst
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 50 lbs as well. For me, I need to see that big picture goal of 50lbs, even if it takes me a year an a half to obtain. For now though, I'm allowing myself small rewards on every 10lbs- some cute shoes here, a haircut there, all so I feel good about myself.
    Do what you have to to stay on track, just makes sure to stay healthy throughout. After all, that is the goal!