Suggestions for having a more active lifestyle

Options
2»

Replies

• 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying. To me, an active lifestyle is one that incorporates fun things outdoors that you do for pleasure, not exercise. Don't get me wrong, you are getting great excercise but that is not the focus. The focus is to be outdoors doing something active and enjoying it. Of course the better your climate the more this is possible. Bottom line you are not necessarily out to get exercise, it's just a great by-product of doing something you love. I love to hike!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying. To me, an active lifestyle is one that incorporates fun things outdoors that you do for pleasure, not exercise. Don't get me wrong, you are getting great excercise but that is not the focus. The focus is to be outdoors doing something active and enjoying it. Of course the better your climate the more this is possible. Bottom line you are not necessarily out to get exercise, it's just a great by-product of doing something you love. I love to hike!

Ah. By that definition, I'm probably not very active at all.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Thinking back, my dad is a lot like that woman too. Always moving. I'm just not like that.

Oh, sorry, no suggesitons.
  • ctooch99
    Options
    I would not consider myself active at all. I dated a woman for a while that I would consider very active. I got a large taste of what "being active" means. While I do lots of stuff, sailing, running, workout 7 days a week, and other things. I have a lot of downtime too. I watch movies and read, and play my guitar and just like lots of quiet space in my life. This woman, wasn't liek that at all. 24/7. If she sat for too long, she got bored and would take a nap. When she was up, she was moving all the time, always going somewhere, or doing something. I'm just not like that at all. I have lazy Sundays sometimes, or whatever.

So, no, I do not consider myself active. I am in-between lazy and active. I do things, like I might go run 10 miles, but then I'll lay around the house for 4 or 5 hours afterward. Then, I'll get off my butt and go do something with friends or whatever. So, I'm kind of a lazy-active person. LOL. I dont' know. I never knew the difference until I was with that woman.

Thinking back, my dad is a lot like that woman too. Always moving. I'm just not like that.

Oh, sorry, no suggesitons.

No, actually your honesty is quite useful. I sort of think I am like you dude. Like I workout hard, play hockey - work around my house, but then I also like to draw or watch 5 episodes in a row of Storage Wars. I sort of wanna be more "active" but I guess it is sort of like you said - either you are like that or you aren't. I guess I am a "lazy-active person" if that is possible - hahaha
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Run - Trail or pavement
    Walk - Trail or pavement
    Bike - Trail or pavement
    Climb - Anything that's legal
    Swim - anywhere that's clean and legal
    Kayak - anyhwere that's clean and legal
    Fish - Just don't drink so much you think you caught all the beer and drank all the fish
    Go backpacking or Camping
    Play soccer - it's like hockey except on grass
    Go Geocaching - You can make that as streneous or as lazy as you want.
    Scuba Dive?
    Water Ski
    Golf
    Frisbee Golf
    Mini Golf
    Lazer Tag
    Paint Ball
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Softball
    Dodgeball
    Racquetball
    SpinClass if you have to
    Outdoor Photography.

Watching a little TV doesn't make you "not active", the body needs rest.
    Also, keep sunscreen and bugspray in your ride at all times. You'll thank me later.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Ah. By that definition, I'm probably not very active at all.

It's my definitition LOL. It doesn't have to be yours. It is what it means to me.
  • ctooch99
    Options
    Run - Trail or pavement
    Walk - Trail or pavement
    Bike - Trail or pavement
    Climb - Anything that's legal
    Swim - anywhere that's clean and legal
    Kayak - anyhwere that's clean and legal
    Fish - Just don't drink so much you think you caught all the beer and drank all the fish
    Go backpacking or Camping
    Play soccer - it's like hockey except on grass
    Go Geocaching - You can make that as streneous or as lazy as you want.
    Scuba Dive?
    Water Ski
    Golf
    Frisbee Golf
    Mini Golf
    Lazer Tag
    Paint Ball
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Softball
    Dodgeball
    Racquetball
    SpinClass if you have to
    Outdoor Photography.

Watching a little TV doesn't make you "not active", the body needs rest.
    Also, keep sunscreen and bugspray in your ride at all times. You'll thank me later.

Awesome list - Thanks!!