B210K App for Andorid - Are You Using It?

Options
dsjohndrow
dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
I searched the forums and all the B210K info is outdated. Is anyone using the BlueFin app for Android? What is the user experience? Does it specifically prompted you and allow you to use a playlist from your phone? The app I am using now only reports your speed/time every .3 of a mile. I would like one that is time based with prompts for warm-up, running and walking. For $2.99US I should probably just buy it. They claim it does all this.

Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the app!
Works with Nike+**
Plays audio alerts when you need to switch from running to walking
Configure additional alerts and settings within the app.
Keeps track of the days you’ve completed.
Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from the app.

What do you think?

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm using that one. I have an HTC Incredible 2

It has not crashed on me yet. I don't use nike+ but the distance calculation is pretty accurate. I used to use the C25K app from another company and I will say I don't like this one AS MUCH. However, it's simple and straightforward, you can use your own playlist, it gives you an idea of your average pace (includes walking portions), and I really like the run/walk audio indicators. You also have a journal entry for each run where you can give an emoticon, what terrain you ran on, weather, and notes.

I would say it was worth $2.99. Sure.

The GPS functionality for mapping/speed/distance is an extra .99 which I purchased as well...
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have the app for the iPhone, but I really love mine. I've found it much more reliable than the couple of other apps I tried to use. I used the C25k (when it was called that) app, so was very familiar with how it worked already. But that's my experiences with the iPhone app, not an android app, though I'd think they'd be comparable.
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've also used it on the iPhone. It was helpful and I finished my first 10K last spring.

Fitness Magazine has put out a good running plan also. It ranges from 5Ks all the way to marathons. It even has different running levels...do you want to beat a time, run longer, faster, etc.

Good luck!