sweet tooth?!

Options
2»

Replies

• KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Low calorie hot chocolate (the kind I have is only 25 calories/packet)

VitaBrownies or VitaTops (soooo good...I have one every night. They have chocolate ones that taste like a warm chocolate brownie..mmm...plus, they are only 100 calories, and they have fiber in them, so they keep me full all night). :)
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes yummy sweet things that are lower in calorie...I wouldn't deprive yourself, factor in the calories and enjoy...that is what I do!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    with lunch i have one werther's originals hard candy. they are super rich so one does me right.
    with dinner i have frozen red grapes. regular fruit doesn't do it for me but i cup of frozen red grapes seems like ice cream to me...or at least really good sorbet.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of costco cake and 2 ghiradelli caramel turtle brownies today, you could try those.
  • ebenso1
    ebenso1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I never used to like dark chocolate, but I find now that when I really MUST have something sweet, I reach for that. It has such health benefits, and a small piece doesn't have a lot of fat or calories...................if you let it really melt in your mouth, it has such a tasty way of helping those cravings.

Oh, and weight watchers makes an ice-cream bar..............raspberry with dark chocolate. They are small, and only 80 caloires, but SOOOO good for that sweet tooth (and I'm not a big ice-cream person....these are REALLY good!)
    http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=1&productId=692874

I agree! These are so delicious! You feel like your cheating but your really not! I have one almost every day!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Removed.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Brownies - 90 calories of deliciousness and a good bit of fiber...
    Ghiradellii dark chocolate squares - one of them is enough to satisfy the craving...
    Luna nutrition bars - they have mini bars - they are all fantastic.
    I use at least 1/4 of my calories each day on snacks.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Either factor it into your calorie count or make sure you don't have access to it.

I have the same problem. To relieve some cravings, I use honey. Honey on toast or crackers or mixed in my yogurt. But I absolutely cannot have candy (or anything else sweet that is bad for you) in the house or I will eat it.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm a big snacker too but I find eating yogurt kind of curbs my sweet tooth because they are so good,

I allow myself sweets several days a week, you might try skinney cow they have some awesome candies and ice creams that aren't high in calories
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    combine a box of pillsbury sugar free devil's food cake mix with 1/2 a bag of hershey's special dark chocolate chips and a can of coke zero. fill up 18 muffin tins with 1/4 cup batter. bake at 325 for 18 minutes and you have the most perfect low cal/low fat/low sugar cupcake that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. I think it comes in around 130 calories, 5 grams of fat and 4 sugar. somethin like that. it's so crazy good.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Frozen yogurt, comes in tons of different flavors!
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to have a huge sweet tooth also. Chocolate especially. I started brushing my teeth right after dinner and it really curbed my cravings. It took a couple weeks but now I barely crave sweets at all anymore.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've found that drinking tons of water helps curb my cravings in general. If you must have something sweet, have it on a full stomach, something small, and savor it *slowly*. :)
  • acceber29
    acceber29 Posts: 6
    Options
    You'll get used to it after a while, but I was the same and *had to factor in a square or 2 of dark 70% chocolate. It's like 80 calories a square, but if you have to have the sweet stuff...

This.
    Ghiradelli makes some 60% chocolate chips, 16 (theyre larger than normal chips) for 80 calories. 8 after lunch, 8 after dinner

Edit to add: separate them and then put away the bag. On a high shelf you can't reach without a stepstool.

I was just going to write this... The Ghiradelli chips are the exact same as the squares, only you get double the amount for your money! :) And for some reason a few chips seems more satisfying then one square.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I have to agree with this. Also I like to get the jello 60 calorie pudding and put a little whipped cream on it...kind of like satin pie very yummy!
    I think it's one of those "what's more important to you" things. You can either leave room in your diary for sweets or you can fight the craving.

Personally, I leave room when I can to enjoy a treat at the end of the day.