I need some help getting back on the wagon

Options
I have been flawless ever since I started MFP but I spent last weekend with a friend and just let myself have what I wanted as I knew she would hate it if I was counting calories and I wanted to forget about my diet for a while. Since then I have been finding it so hard to exercise and today I have just been binge eating. I cant motivate myself to stop, I want to get back to the same mind set as before but I cant. I need some motivating words to help me get back on track...

Replies

• jen7eleven
    jen7eleven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This happens to me as well. Start incorporating some of your healthy habits back into your routine. It may seem daunting if you look at it as a whole, so try to tackle one thing at a time. If you start to feel overwhelmed, just take a moment to breathe, think, and prioritize. Hang in there, and feel free to add/message me if you ever need support. :)
  • aphrogirl2002
    Options
    You can do it!

Just take baby steps.

I've been there (off the wagon) many times.

I typically start with a small goal (increase in water).

Then start logging food and spending a bit more time on the website.

Then try to incorporate more fruits/veggies into my meals.

Next things I know, I am back on track.

Don't beat yourself up too badly.

Save that energy for getting yourself back on track!

The only person stopping you from reaching your goals is Y-O-U!

Y-O-U can do this!
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do this too. To get back on track I stand in front of the mirror in my underwear lol . Then I can see where I had made great progress before and that the wobbly bits can be reduced and toned up by returning to exercise.

I also promise myself some new clothes when I reach a goal :drinker: