fitting in workouts

Options
kobrie17
kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
fitting in workouts is sooooooo difficult..take this week for example...

monday i visited my grandmother then my friends came over for weeds so i couldnt get sweaty and gross

tuesday- i went out to eat with my friend and his mom because he hates her and begged me to go then i desperately needed to go grocery shopping

today im going to a redsox game

tommorow i can

friday i have my grandfather's funeral

saturday i can

sunday my boyfriend comes home from camping on week and we're going to an incubus concert at foxwoods!

2 workouts..and i really need 3 because one day i went over 700 calories...i just lost 2 pounds is the good news but i need to KEEEEPPP IT UPPP any ideas on how to fit in burning a couple 100 extra without getting too sweaty? i always take the stairs at work!

Replies

• Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    these all sound like valid reasons.. but they could also be qualified as excuses. :wink:

what about in the morning? these activities you list all seem to be after work affairs.

set the alarm an hour earlier, and get up and go for a walk/run! do a workout dvd, treadmill, or whatever kind of workout it is you do! :tongue:

not to mention it'll give you a ton of energy throughout the day, and you wont have to dread it after work, and your afternoons/evenings are free!

:drinker:
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    I think most super busy people do the AM workouts- up at 5 am and you workout for half an hour to an hour then shower and get dressed for 630- 7. Sounds a little nuts but I'm going to be starting this soon when I have school and work everyday. People swear by it- you feel so energized for the rest of your day... we'll see! Good luck making the time!
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    What about walking at lunchtime? It may not be as intense as your normal workout, but at least it is some type of activity!
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    Well when i have a busy schedule
    like if i only have one dya outa the week or two days to only workout i workout multiple times that day
    that way it makes up for the missed days
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    If you're like me... NOT a morning person in any way... it can be difficult. I always tell myself NO MATTER WHAT work in a workout. Sometimes I get a workout in at lunch (go to the mall, change my shoes and power walk). I do lunges down the Looong hallway in my office. I always take the stairs. I always park in the furthest spot from the door no matter where I go.

Then, even though I may have TONS of things to do when I get home... I always run right home and work out FIRST because if I wait I won't have time. Even if its just for 10-15min. I also try to work out twice as much over the weekend to make up for the lack of intense exercise during the week. My main exercise days are Friday and Saturday.

PS. If you don't like getting sweaty... this may be hard for you. If you're not sweating, you're not working hard enough :wink:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I too walk on my lunch break when I won't have time in the evening to work out, just bring something you can eat at your desk and use your lunch to walk.
    Or you could try a short but great work out, I do the 30 Day Shred, 26 mins total with warm up and cool down, you sweat your butt off and it's a great work out. I find it a lot easier to fit in than a full work out, bike riding is also an easy/fast calorie burner too.
    It's all about finding the time, I feel like I never have anytime, so I make sure it's the first thing I do when I get home from work then it's done and overwith and I can go do as I please. Morning is also a great option, but I personally am not a morning person, lol, you couldn't pay me to get up in the morning to work out! LOL! But if you can do it, fantastic!!
    I hope you figure something out, I know it can be frustrating. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Check out this site:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-at-your-desk

Anyone have any additional ideas?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    these all sound like valid reasons.. but they could also be qualified as excuses. :wink:

I agree. Your workout should be like an appointment. Set a time everyday to do it and stick to it.
    Treat it as an important meeting. A healthy one for your future.

Someone asks you out to do something.
    Do it after your workout, or workout after your outing, friends leave, etc.

Like Sweatpea said, If your not sweating, your not working out hard enough.