Cabbage Recipes

Options
EpicMeyri
EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
Hey MFP FRIENDS! I have at least 500 + calories left, half which are from exercise, and I am gonna go for a walk to exercise again. :) I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on low calorie recipes with cabbage. I usually eat cabbage with tomatoes, corn, and carrots with lemon, salt and vinegar. But I want something new. Any ideas?? :)

--> I prefer it to be 200 calories and less.

Replies

• trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Oh gosh, I love cabbage.

I love to shred it very very thin, and then shred a chicken breast the same way and saute them with just a tiny bit of oil, and onions and garlic and teriyaki sauce and broccoli.

It's also delicious shredded and cooked with a little bit of potato and onion -- curry powder is wonderful with this combo, as is cheeeese.

It's also great with sausage and kale!

And in soups! Aometimes for a snack I will just boil some cabbage, carrots, onions and peas in 2 cups of chicken broth til it's all pretty soft -- the soup is something like 25 calories and I think it's delicious. Sometimes I add noodles and white beans/garbanzos for a more serious "meal."
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hey MFP FRIENDS! I have at least 500 + calories left, half which are from exercise, and I am gonna go for a walk to exercise again. :) I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on low calorie recipes with cabbage. I usually eat cabbage with tomatoes, corn, and carrots with lemon, salt and vinegar. But I want something new. Any ideas?? :)

--> I prefer it to be 200 calories and less.

My mum makes a delicious Cabbage Fry. Basically get half a cabbage and slice/shred. Tiny bit of oil in a pan and saute. Add a drop of water if too dry. In the meantime, beat 1 medium egg. When cabbage is almost done, stir in the egg to coat the cabbage. If you like you can put in a splash of light soy sauce, but this is optional. When the egg is cooked thru, it's done. Very simple and delicious. Its around 190 cals for the entire dish but it actually serves 2. BONUS!!
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    nice :) I would try both. Thanks for replying :)
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The teriyaki stir fry sounds yummy, I'm giving it a try!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, israeli cous cous, canned stewed tomatoes and a frozen fish filet, wrap it all inside cabbage leaves and bake. Delicious.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump and thanks!