Eating while on vacation?

Options
Hi everyone! I will be going on vacation with a group of friends to cape cod for five days...we are renting a house and so will have access to a full kitchen. Only half of us are focusing on our diets and want to enjoy our vacation and eating with friends without letting the diet get in the way, but we still want to stay on track. Id love some ideas as far as snacks for the nine hour car ride, what to get when eating out (any healthy seafood besides salmon?), and which groceries to stock our little kitchen with! I'm hoping to get plenty of exercise each day between swimming or beach volleyball or simply walking around, so that shouldn't be a problem! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• roger9
    roger9 Posts: 30
    Options
    bump
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Most non-crustacean fish are pretty healthy (tuna, halibut, cod, etc.). The trick is to avoid things that are cooked in butter or cream or are battered and fried. For example, stay away from chowder. But if the fish is broiled or grilled, you are fine.

As for car snacks, I'm a big fan of pieces of fruit or some nuts. You can also get really small individual serving baggies of pretzels.

As for groceries, stock the kitchen with the things you usually eat. Lean meats, milk, eggs, cheese, vegetables, fruit, etc.