Help! Giant Blisters!

Options
I spent 8 hours walking around Chicago yesterday in brand new strappy sandals. bad idea! I now have 2 gigantic blisters on my right foot. One is actually on the bottom of my foot and one has taken over my whole heel. I don't know what to do! I literally cannot walk right now because any pressure on either of them hurts. I am thinking I should drain them, but I would love any pointers or advice on how to do it the most quick and effective way. I hate needles, but I know I should get it done and over with. Help Please!!

Replies

• xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Clean the area real good. Drain them. Clean it up again. Use some neosporin.

Mole-skin.... Wallgreens....check it out.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i'd listen to the sarge.... :wink:

hope it gets better soon!:flowerforyou:
  • I_Like_Boys
    Options
    I thought I had something to contribute to this thread but it wasn't what I was thinking. :blushing:

Stop staring at me or I will ban you. :angry:
  • xsargex
    Options
    i'd listen to the sarge.... :wink:

hope it gets better soon!:flowerforyou:

Why thanks. I've actually dealt with heavy duty blisters before with brand new boots. And its not
    like you get to stop and have a cry-sessions, sometimes you gotta keep moving. So you learn real quick, what works and what doesn't.

Just be sure that when you drain them, that you poke a small hole with a clean needle of some kind.
    Keep that neosporin on there with some gauze. If you continue to walk around, you don't want sweat and dirt to get up in there. Change your socks out. Let them air out at night. Best way to heal them up quick and not get infection. Feet are important.
  • VeganGal
    VeganGal Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank so much sarge! I just needed a kick in the butt. I knew what I needed to do, but I was scared. So, I stopped being a wimp and I did it and it didn't even hurt...and now I can walk again! Glad that's over with. Now I just need to make sure I take care of them so they don't get infected.
  • xsargex
    Options
    Thank so much sarge! I just needed a kick in the butt. I knew what I needed to do, but I was scared. So, I stopped being a wimp and I did it and it didn't even hurt...and now I can walk again! Glad that's over with. Now I just need to make sure I take care of them so they don't get infected.

Its all good.

I had a similiar experience when I was in Spain for a week. I had flip flops on and I ended up going into the city for WAY longer then I expected. Not even the nice Adiddas type flip flops... I'm talking like the 2 dollar pair you get at Walmart. 10 hours later I got back to my room and my feet looked like two red balloons. I had two huge blisters right between my toes from the flip flops rubbing on them. I wanted to saw my feet off, it hurt so bad.
  • VeganGal
    VeganGal Posts: 26
    Options

Its all good.

I had a similiar experience when I was in Spain for a week. I had flip flops on and I ended up going into the city for WAY longer then I expected. Not even the nice Adiddas type flip flops... I'm talking like the 2 dollar pair you get at Walmart. 10 hours later I got back to my room and my feet looked like two red balloons. I had two huge blisters right between my toes from the flip flops rubbing on them. I wanted to saw my feet off, it hurt so bad.

That's exactly what this was like! I have never seen such huge blisters. It's funny how I didn't even notice until I was home and I took the shoes off. I knew my feet hurt, but I had no idea I had blisters. I even rode my bike home from the train station after the long day...I'm surprised they didn't pop then.
  • xsargex
    Options

Its all good.

That's exactly what this was like! I have never seen such huge blisters. It's funny how I didn't even notice until I was home and I took the shoes off. I knew my feet hurt, but I had no idea I had blisters. I even rode my bike home from the train station after the long day...I'm surprised they didn't pop then.

Yeah the fluid is what I think is called serum...which is produced after blood-clotting, as an agent to cushion the injury. Probably you wore the blister and the serum didn't build up till after walking around (after the trauma to the skin). Then the swelling kicks in. Thats why they get so huge like that.

Just be sure to sterilize the pin and keep it clean. If it continues to get more sore, reddness sets in, or the fluid turns a different color then clear/white.... go see a doctor. Sounds wacky, but I've seen some HORRIBLE foot infections before. *kitten* ain't no joke.

I hardly get blisters on my feet anymore, cause they are so calloused over. Which is a great thing, except they aren't the most attractive feet in the world. So much for being a foot-model. Oh well.