Question about birth control pill...

Options
I just went back on after a couple of years of using other methods. I'm on a low dose and it's all the same level for 21 days.

So I just started 3rd week and I feel like a raving b**** :explode: :grumble: :angry:

I'm thinking this is pretty common but wondering how long it took others to get back to normal?? :noway:

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I hate BC.....its horrible. I think it caused alot of my health problems and mental problems....
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    Depending on the birth control, sometimes never. I have many friends that won't be on it at all b/c they don't like the way they feel/act when they are on it. I think the best thing I can suggest is a low dose like you're currently on. I started out on Yaz last year (from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo). Although I'm fine most of the time now, my hormones we raging for about the first three or four months I was on it. :grumble:
  • tech_sarah
    tech_sarah Posts: 91
    Options
    Prob just PMS. When I switched to a generic pill, I got PMS like never before, usually the wk before my period is due...I just got used to it, as did the people around me...
  • juliehiggins
    Options
    I hate the pill. Before I had my daughter the same thing was with me, but I was so mean when I would get my period. I have an IUD now and it works so good.
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    I cant survive with out the pill...I have pms BAD:explode: :grumble: :angry:

I am on Yasmin...and it helped me lose weight also...I do get a little whiny, fussy and hateful about 2 days before I start, but its better than what I was. I do take the generic for it because of insurance...but still, i need it.

It took me 3 months to get used to taking it (I was still have severe pms during this time) and I had cramps all month long my first month. Your body will adjust to this..it just takes time.

Maybe this pill isnt right for you, sometimes you need to try differnet ones to find the one that works for you...

Good luck..
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I was on the nuva-ring about 2 years ago & also a lunatic. :huh: my husband was less than enthused. I had cervical cancer last year, so we're still waiting on my bajllion tests-a-month to come back clean before I can start another round of BC - this time it'll be an IUD - my midwife said its not hormone based - so I won't get a free ride to the looney bin :noway: GL!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm not particularly happy with the pill either. It seems my symptoms start a little earlier than one would suspect, so give it time, maybe it'll turn out just to be PMs.

Jstar513- hope all continues to go well and those tests have nothing but good news. :flowerforyou:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I cant survive with out the pill...I have pms BAD:explode: :grumble: :angry:

I am on Yasmin...and it helped me lose weight also...I do get a little whiny, fussy and hateful about 2 days before I start, but its better than what I was. I do take the generic for it because of insurance...but still, i need it.

It took me 3 months to get used to taking it (I was still have severe pms during this time) and I had cramps all month long my first month. Your body will adjust to this..it just takes time.

Maybe this pill isnt right for you, sometimes you need to try differnet ones to find the one that works for you...

Good luck..

My Dr. told me they don't make a generic for Yaz!! Is Yaz the same as Yasmin? Nevermind....I just googled it. A generic for Yaz doesn't come out until 2011.
  • mclemore3
    mclemore3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just wanted to pass along that we all know that bcp carries risks,we kind of overlook them, 3 years ago I had a blood clot in my upper leg. I had many problems during the 9 months I was on blood thinners, I never thought It could happen to me.