40 tomorrow...... oh Cr@p!

Options
I'm going to be 40 tomorrow and I feel like I've wasted DECADES of my life trying to control my weight. I'm so tired of it. I think I've tried every diet, exercise and gadget out there. Surgery is the only thing left and I admit that there are times when it sounds tempting! Has anyone gone thru a major milestone where they were starting over in some way? I'd be interested in hearing it. Motivation is welcome! :-)

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You're going through a mid-life crisis. At least that's what happened to me when I turned 40. I'm 42 now =).

I decided I spent too many years doing the cardio I "should" be doing. I still do that type (running on a treadmill during lunch) but now I do a lot more of the cardio I want to do, too, like biking, walking on the beach, taking the dog out in the morning just because it makes him so dang happy. I also decided I should start appreciating some things more. So just about every day I actually enjoy my drive to work, look out over the river, notice the sand hill cranes. I love where I live and so we've been going to the beach and listening to the waves, sitting and reading outside, etc. House has finally taken a back seat (we are in the process of downsizing right now)

Funny, I thought I was missing so much but I really was just not realizing what was important.

Forty is a big day, the entry to a new part of your life. Enjoy!!

:drinker:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    "Happy, happy birthday, dear Gr8sh80l80, happy birthday to you!!!!"

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! I will be 44 on Sunday. I have been fighting with my weight since I was a teenager. I have tried many diets too. This January I decided to just eat healthier and move more. I have lost around 19 lbs since then. Take each day as it comes and try to make healthy food choices. This is not a race to lose the weight for me. I want to be able to maintain it and also still be able to enjoy foods I love like pizza and Chinese food. You can do it!!