eating properly everyday?

Jessicaruby
Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
just wondering what works for others... do you stick to your cals/macros EVERYDAY, just mon-friday with the weekends off, or do you stick to your diet 80% of the time and allow for indulgences 20% of the time (birthdays, night out, ect) how has your weight loss and goals worked out with how you are eating?

Replies

• Jessicaruby
    anyone?
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    I, personally, am still trying to find a balance. I tried just having a day at the weekend off, but that didn't work as I ended up wanting things in the week too, so I am not sure what is best.
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    I've been eating 80% whole foods and 20% treats, pretty much the past 7 years of my life and it hasn't steered me wrong. There is absolutely no good reason to go all or nothing with diet, restrictive eating makes me very frustrated. I of course try to get my micros/macros as close to where my goals are but I don't micro manage it anymore, if I want more carbs, I eat them and adjust the other macros for the day, I am all about progress and goal setting, you know me, but it really is calories in>out in terms of progress with my physique. Today I had an iced coffee from McDonalds and some of my kids ice cream cone, tomorrow I'll probably bake some more white bread for us to treat on, there is no bad food, just bad moderation.
  • Jessicaruby
    EBBY i :love: you!! you are amazing!
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    I eat well some days, other days I eat a lot of junk. I don't feel well when I eat too much junk though so I try to keep it to a minimum. I still stick to my weekly calorie goal though :smile: So I might eat 1000 calories too many on day, but then I'll eat a tiny bit less the next couple of days.