I'm a Pear...any others out there?

Options
kdm9295
kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
I hold all my weight in my hips and thighs. What have you guys found works best to lose weight, and inches, for a Pear?

Replies

• jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    im the same shape. I'm still ttrying to find excersizes that work to get rid of that shape
  • julster324
    julster324 Posts: 44
    Options
    If I only knew! Everytime I am able to lose weight it comes off up top first. I guess the area with the most fat is the last to go. It sucks
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    Options
    I am total pear! I always have to buy small bikini tops and large bottoms :grumble:

Running has gotten my lower body in really good shape...practically the best it's ever been in. It utilizes so many of those muscles, but also has helped my core tone up, too. And with a little top half, I don't ever have to deal with struggling to find a sports bra that keeps the ladies in check. Anyways, hope that helps! Shake what your mom gave you! :laugh:
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    I was a pear, when I lost 54 lbs. I was a smaller version of myself, but still a pear!! The one main thing that "reshaped" me was weight training. It was the smartest thing I ever did. I saw results within the first month at 3x a week. Then, I bought these books and they really put my on a nice training routine.
    Check out the books:
    Weight Lifting for Dummies (has strength exercises with free weights, universals, or bands for you)
    'New Lifting Rules for Women' Best move I ever made.
    Good Luck to you
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you lose weight from the top down and the bottom up.

Sucks for pear shaped, sorry.. :frown:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I was a pear, when I lost 54 lbs. I was a smaller version of myself, but still a pear!! The one main thing that "reshaped" me was weight training. It was the smartest thing I ever did. I saw results within the first month at 3x a week. Then, I bought these books and they really put my on a nice training routine.
    Check out the books:
    Weight Lifting for Dummies (has strength exercises with free weights, universals, or bands for you)
    Good Luck to you

If you can't get your bottom to look the way you want, try building up the top to balance it out. I have the same prob so I started to up my upper weight training a up the cardio on the lower to balance the two.
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm a huge pear, and weight training has helped me with my shape a bit, but I'm a still very much a work in progress.
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm coming along now, it's slowly evening out for me. I am closer to where I want to be now than where I don't want!!
    Thanks a bunch...

[img][/img]
    229843.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Check out the books:
    Good Luck to you

BINGO! lol That's me agreeing with you wholeheartedly :happy:

Losing weight by diet/cardio didn't change my shape. Using weight trianing changed my shape. Got rid of the saddle bags and droopy bum.

Proud to be a pear! lol We look great in jeans :D
  • presariofaded
    Options

woot! true that :laugh:

running! it gets that lower half moving =D
    and i agree with the other posters, weight training.
  • CarolynD1986
    Options
    Pear shaped women are absolutely beautiful! If you are in good shape and at a healthy weight then you will look good no matter what body type you have. Curves are beautiful and women have hips! Just keep in good physical condition and you will look fantastic :)
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I know this guy who carries all his weight in his hips. They call him Captain Ah-pear-ica
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    I know this guy who carries all his weight in his hips. They call him Captain Ah-pear-ica

AHAHAHHAHA thats hilarious i want a cool nickname like that :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am a pear too - even losing, I maintain that shape just smaller - a little less pearlicious!
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear too - I keep the same shape. Running didn't help me much, but ballet and yoga are helping me lose more on my hips and thighs.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I second the ballet! I alternated ballet conditioning and plyometrics weeks (did one or the other twice a week along with other full-body strength and cardio) for a month and the legs showed the biggest change ... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ghanie/view/ce-phase-burn-28-bf-10452

I'll probably do another month of that after this round of Chalean Extreme.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've started adding side lunges and some pilates floor excercises. They seem to be helping. I'm losing inches in my hips more quickly than in my waist. so I'll keep that up.

I've gone from 48 in hips to 46.75 in the last month, that's over one inch. And with all the lunges and squats I've been doing I butt doesn't "sag" quite as much as it used to :happy:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I just looked and I've lost 8 inches in my hips alone since I started last September
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I hold all my weight in my hips and thighs. What have you guys found works best to lose weight, and inches, for a Pear?

I have the same issue! Its so hard to lose the lower half! I like my curves but would like to tweek it just a tad bit more but its not budging fast enough!

Steph
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Check out the books:
    Good Luck to you

BINGO! lol That's me agreeing with you wholeheartedly :happy:

Losing weight by diet/cardio didn't change my shape. Using weight trianing changed my shape. Got rid of the saddle bags and droopy bum.

Certainly have a point and yes we sure do look lovely in our jeans!:laugh:

Steph