Have lost 60 pounds but have plateaued for several weeks

Options
HELP!!!!!

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

try mixing things up with your exercise routine, up your calories a little one day and back to the same the next. maybe the jolt will help you start losing again.
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Options
    Change just about everything... your eating,,, try to take in addtional 300 calories for about a week then eat 500 calories less for a week... this fluctuation will in a sense confuse your body and get it working again.... as far as your workout goes.... throw alittle something different in there... maybe swimming since it's summer.
  • atirnnap
    atirnnap Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There's another message on the message boards about calorie shifting. I found the article about it, I might try ittoo because I've plateau'd for the past year!!!!

http://ifitandhealthy.com/calorie-shifting-diet/
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Happens to me every 3-6 months. Time to switch your exercise routine. Your body has adjusted to it and is too efficient. You need to make it work hard again. DO so and you'll be fine. :drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you what worked for me when i had plateau, Ive splurge a little bit I ate a kids meal at burger king.. I ate regular things just in moderation and I ate something sweet, believe me or not i stop working out for 2 weks when I got back on that scale I had lost 4.2 pouds trust me and this been bout a month a go almost
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I shocked my system with a pizza buffet, lost 2 more pounds after a couple of days!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I shocked my system with a pizza buffet, lost 2 more pounds after a couple of days!

Now that's my kind of plateau buster!! :happy:
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    ive never heard of shocking your system with bad foods.. but i wondered why after a night of drinking, dinner out, and candy at the movies, i was down two lbs!? LOL! :laugh:

maybe i should "shock"/cheat my system more often. hehe.

:bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain - I was there too - when I increased cardio and added in strength training, I started losing again....it took harder work to get me going again - and from 1200 to 1350 calories - yes I mean I eat more now - I am still losing - not as fast but still losing.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

Now that's my kind of plateau buster!! :happy:

The truth is I did not even think about it, I just went to the buffet, and ate way too much, went almost 400 calories over that day, then back on track the very next day, two days later I was sure the scale would say the bad news, but it was down! I have not even tried to figure it out, but that is the honest truth! I had been stuck at the same weight for nearly a month!