Frozen greek yogurt?

Options
I served myself a hefty cup of greek yogurt, only to realize, holy **** this stuff is filling. :laugh:
I don't want to force myself to eat it when I'm stuffed. I'm thinking to stick it in the freezer and get back to it later. Hmm, anyone ever try that?

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    yes, it is really yummy.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Why can't it go back in the fridge? And a few companies sell frozen greek yogurt. Ben & Jerry's does.
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    love it. when the kids have ice cream, i have frozen greek yogurt bar or a frozen greek yogurt!!:smile:
  • s0ulrunner
    s0ulrunner Posts: 8
    Options
    Yummmm also good alternative to ice cream: take a serving of plain greek yogurt and stir in 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 packet of sweetener, add a couple of chocolate chips or strawberries or other toppings and then freeze about half-way
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've purchased the Ben and Jerry's Raspberry Fudge.... and .... insert almost-pregnancy type of craving eyeroll here. It's sooooo tasty!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I tried freezing some Fage when I bought it on sale, but it just didn't have the right consistency after defrosting.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I served myself a hefty cup of greek yogurt, only to realize, holy **** this stuff is filling. :laugh:
    I don't want to force myself to eat it when I'm stuffed. I'm thinking to stick it in the freezer and get back to it later. Hmm, anyone ever try that?

I've bought frozen greek yogurt bars, so I'm pretty sure it would work. You'd have to put something like a popsicle stick in it to eat it that way, though. I expect it'll freeze pretty well solid (not creamy).
  • mchull
    mchull Posts: 10
    Options
    How is "greek" yogurt different from other yogurt? Is is substantially better from a nutritional perspective? Does it freeze better? Never tried it, but been hearing a lot of buzz about it. My curiosity is peaking!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I could just stick it in the fridge... But eh why not the freezer? Somehow, things taste better frozen :D well.. Some things.. :)
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Yummmm also good alternative to ice cream: take a serving of plain greek yogurt and stir in 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 packet of sweetener, add a couple of chocolate chips or strawberries or other toppings and then freeze about half-way

Oh my goodness that sounds yummy!!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness that sounds yummy!!

Agreed! Now if only I had those things :sad: