weird, I have a sweet tooth craving/ burning in lower legs

TamekaBohorquez
TamekaBohorquez Posts: 36 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
For lunch I had a small green salad w/ carrots, raspberry vinagrette dressing, and baked chicken. Why on earth am I craving sweets and what should I do... Help.

Also I walk for 30 minutes each day and my lower legs for the past two days hurt extremely bad what could be the problem?:

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    drink some water and see if that helps. how are your calories looking? got any apples around? or grapes?

how long have you been walking? it could be a number of things. did you go on a different route or wear different shoes?
  • TamekaBohorquez
    no apples, I consume approx 1800 calories a day. I do have a pear for snack though. I've been walking now, well this makes the 18th day. I am wearing shoes by Curve....
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Could be the shoes... I've never heard of curve... maybe try getting some inserts for extra support... as far as the sweet tooth, my favorite is dark chocolate jello cups, they have ones that are only 60 calories and so good! Good luck, hope the pain goes away :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • TamekaBohorquez
    Could be the shoes... I've never heard of curve... maybe try getting some inserts for extra support... as far as the sweet tooth, my favorite is dark chocolate jello cups, they have ones that are only 60 calories and so good! Good luck, hope the pain goes away :happy:

~Leash :heart:

thanks...
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    I walk very flat footed. I used to have cross-trainer type tennis shoes, and I felt like I always got shin-splints. I went and got myself a pair of walking shoes...and no more pain. I was told it's the shape of the sole, if the sole is too flat it can cause you to hurt. A rounded up toe eases the motion of how your foot moves as you walk.
    Oh and. I didn't buy expensive walking shoes. Got mine at Kohl's.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    I think it is definitely the shoes. You aren't getting enough support. Are the shoes like keds or are they heavy duty fitness shoes? You should go to a store that specializes in walking shoes. I used to work for Easy Spirit and at the stores they will properly fit you and find out what kind of fitness you will be doing to get you into the right shoe. Surprizingly enough, socks make a difference too. You should look into getting the socks that are tighter fitting around the arch.

Good Luck! Congrats on your new lifestyle change!:flowerforyou:
    Erin
  • TamekaBohorquez
    I think it is definitely the shoes. You aren't getting enough support. Are the shoes like keds or are they heavy duty fitness shoes? You should go to a store that specializes in walking shoes. I used to work for Easy Spirit and at the stores they will properly fit you and find out what kind of fitness you will be doing to get you into the right shoe. Surprizingly enough, socks make a difference too. You should look into getting the socks that are tighter fitting around the arch.

Good Luck! Congrats on your new lifestyle change!:flowerforyou:
    Erin

The shoes I wear are for walking and they are fairly new, when I was going to Curves for Women ( the workout center ) they convinced me that these were great for circuit and walking...
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    this might help, with the cravings anyways:

Problem #5: Bingeing and craving

Cause: Overly strict, prohibitive diets, skipping meals and snacking on sweet and/or fatty snacks. Drinking too many caffeinated or alcoholic beverages also may aggravate food cravings.

Solution: Eat a balanced diet. Curb your sweet tooth with naturally sweet snacks like fresh fruit. To avoid feeling deprived, enjoy small portions of favorite treats a few times a week. Don't drink more than three cups of coffee or one alcoholic beverage a day.

Best foods to eat: Dried cranberries, almonds and fresh berries stirred into nonfat yogurt; sliced mango and papaya drizzled with fresh lime juice; prunes stuffed with almonds; strawberries or dried apricot halves dipped in fat-free chocolate syrup; fruit yogurt sprinkled with chopped kiwi; fruit spritzer (equal parts seltzer water and fruit juice with a twist of lemon or lime).
  • TamekaBohorquez
    this might help, with the cravings anyways:

Problem #5: Bingeing and craving

Cause: Overly strict, prohibitive diets, skipping meals and snacking on sweet and/or fatty snacks. Drinking too many caffeinated or alcoholic beverages also may aggravate food cravings.

Solution: Eat a balanced diet. Curb your sweet tooth with naturally sweet snacks like fresh fruit. To avoid feeling deprived, enjoy small portions of favorite treats a few times a week. Don't drink more than three cups of coffee or one alcoholic beverage a day.

Best foods to eat: Dried cranberries, almonds and fresh berries stirred into nonfat yogurt; sliced mango and papaya drizzled with fresh lime juice; prunes stuffed with almonds; strawberries or dried apricot halves dipped in fat-free chocolate syrup; fruit yogurt sprinkled with chopped kiwi; fruit spritzer (equal parts seltzer water and fruit juice with a twist of lemon or lime).

thanks for the info, I will try your ideas
This discussion has been closed.