College students and 20-somethings :)

Hey everyone!

Im looking to add some friends to MFP! I thought it would be cool to get some 20 something year old friends and/or college students. I think the support would be nice, plus we all know studying can sometimes mean less moving around.

Share your success and failures with me! I will share mine with you!
Lets do it for ourselves, for science, and...cats!

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    I love cats! And I fit those categories...though I am a vacationing student at the moment >.< I'm always in need of support and am on here enough that I can do the same for others! Add me if you want!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    You had me up until 'cats'. Dogs rule!
  • xRagster
    xRagster Posts: 27
    Well I just graduated, but I am a 20-something. However, my line of study makes me sit on the computer all day! No fun lol
  • wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    You had me up until 'cats'. Dogs rule!

but we can still be friends :D
  • CatLadyyy
    CatLadyyy Posts: 102
    I'm not a student anymore.. but I am a cat lady haha
  • JaneFinnigan
    JaneFinnigan Posts: 30 Member
    Hi, I'm 25, but I actually found that I move less now that I'm out of college than when I was a student.

Back then I had ample opportunities for hiking and biking and swimming and a great free gym -- now I work an office job in the city where gyms are expensive and nice wooded hiking/biking trails are harder to find. I guess it's a matter of where your campus is.

Feel free to add me -- I'm a scientist too (biology). :)
  • MementoSomniare
    MementoSomniare Posts: 24 Member
    Hi! I'm 21... just starting grad school.

The last 2 years of undergrad definitely took a toll on my fitness. More studying, I started working in a lab (I'm going for a science lab rat career.... woohooo! >.> ) ... and pretty soon I was going to the gym once a month and living on coffee and vending machines. :(

But I'm determined to not let that happen through grad school. err... or at least I'll try. ;)

Looking forward to hearing from others in similar situations!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    For teh kitties!
    176133035396297632_iQpO0TcT_c_large.jpg

Oh, and 23. Starting back up with school in January. Going to sociology & ethnic studies~
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    I am a 20-something AND a college student!

Can we do this for literacy as well as for science?
  • durrryea
    durrryea Posts: 14 Member
    I'm a 20 something grad student. Love your science themed profile!
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    20-something cat lady here!!! I'm 23 for 2 more weeks... working on my degree in social sciences... and my kitty is basically my child. so let's be friends! :D
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Well I just graduated, but I am a 20-something. However, my line of study makes me sit on the computer all day! No fun lol

This. Add me :)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    I like cats :)
    I'm 21 and graduated from college last year but if you'd like, feel free to add me.
    Might go back to school at some point anyway :P

I like hamsters the most though. As per my pic :)
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    yay, science! and cats! =^_^=
    i'm a 26 year old community college student... when i'm on campus, i love to take the long way to walk everywhere, and i always take the stairs to my 3rd-floor classes! i bring my own food to avoid questionable cafe offerings!
  • MementoSomniare
    MementoSomniare Posts: 24 Member
    Hi, I'm 25, but I actually found that I move less now that I'm out of college than when I was a student.

Back then I had ample opportunities for hiking and biking and swimming and a great free gym -- now I work an office job in the city where gyms are expensive and nice wooded hiking/biking trails are harder to find. I guess it's a matter of where your campus is.

Feel free to add me -- I'm a scientist too (biology). :)

Cool! More scientists!! What's a biologist doing in an office and away from the pipettes?!
  • wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    Wow so many college students!
    Man I have been having a hard time losing weight during school, but 30 mins a day...I have no excuse now.

Thank you guys for all replying! Add me if i havent gotten to you yet

Lets do it for cats <3
    and whatever else you like...
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I just graduated! But I'd love some more friends my age.

Feel free to add me, just include a little message where you found me :smile:
  • JaneFinnigan
    JaneFinnigan Posts: 30 Member
    I actually work in science education research & policy now - which involves a lot of sitting at a computer writing and working with data.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    For science and cats sounds good to me! Feel free to shoot me an add.
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Cats are awesome! Im on summer break right now. One semester until i have my Associates in liberal Arts.