vitamin deficeincy, working & exercise

Options
I'm throwing this out there in hopes you can give me some advice.

I work a full time job...like many of you I work over 40 hrs a week. For the summer I am working from 10:45 am to 8pm. Well, those are the hours that I am supposed to work. However, I have been going in at least an hour early if not more and work most nights til 9pm.

I find that it takes me a good hour or two to wine down in order to fall asleep. Then I'm lucky if I sleep any great length of time. I am awakened several times a night.

In order to get my exercise routine in I have to be up and around by 6am.

Now....here is the kicker for me...I have a severe Vit. D and iron deficeincy....I am on perscription strength vitamins to try to solve the problem....however I am a long way off. My doctor was amazed that I was even able to get up much less move because my levels are so low.

Here is where I need your insight.....again, I know I should get up by 6am to get my routine in, which is at least an hour, showered, ready for work and then drive to work. However...I am exhausted when I wake up. I have my clock positioned where I need to get up to shut it off. My dog also waits for me so I can feed him and take him outside. I know I am already up and around.....so I should just do it. I know this.....however, when my body is just plain worn, I just go back to bed to get a couple more hours of shut eye.

I don't do this every morning....but it is getting too frequent that I am going back to sleep. Is there anyone else dealing with vitamin deficeincy and trying to get an exercise routine going?

Thank you for your time and answers in advance. :smile:

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    did your dr say it's ok to exercise? perhaps you should just walk or something less strenuous until you feel better? If it were me, I'd focus on getting healthy before working out. You can always ADD exercise when you recover more energy
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Praying for you! Not a easy life that is for sure!. Maybe you need to take care of yoursefl first and get the extra sleep and maybe exercise on your day off?? Hoping you find what is best for you! Blessings!! <><
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Not sure what to suggest except maybe to take your dog out for a walk for a beginning of an exercise routine. Walking in the sun will help up your vitamin d a little bit and the walk is at least some exercise. If it takes you a bit to whined down then try to do some exercise at night instead of the morning- some yoga/Palates might help to relax you enough to sleep and it will give you more exercise. I wish you luck and better health.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm throwing this out there in hopes you can give me some advice.

I work a full time job...like many of you I work over 40 hrs a week. For the summer I am working from 10:45 am to 8pm. Well, those are the hours that I am supposed to work. However, I have been going in at least an hour early if not more and work most nights til 9pm.

I find that it takes me a good hour or two to wine down in order to fall asleep. Then I'm lucky if I sleep any great length of time. I am awakened several times a night.

In order to get my exercise routine in I have to be up and around by 6am.

Now....here is the kicker for me...I have a severe Vit. D and iron deficeincy....I am on perscription strength vitamins to try to solve the problem....however I am a long way off. My doctor was amazed that I was even able to get up much less move because my levels are so low.

Here is where I need your insight.....again, I know I should get up by 6am to get my routine in, which is at least an hour, showered, ready for work and then drive to work. However...I am exhausted when I wake up. I have my clock positioned where I need to get up to shut it off. My dog also waits for me so I can feed him and take him outside. I know I am already up and around.....so I should just do it. I know this.....however, when my body is just plain worn, I just go back to bed to get a couple more hours of shut eye.

I don't do this every morning....but it is getting too frequent that I am going back to sleep. Is there anyone else dealing with vitamin deficeincy and trying to get an exercise routine going?

Thank you for your time and answers in advance. :smile:

hi there - i'm in your same boat - or was - i basically ended up with complete adrenal burnout due to getting up at 5am, putting in 1-2 hours of gym/cardio, dieting and living on stress - all with chronic severe anemia and vit d deficiency.

I was told i would live only a year going down that path. I ened up in hospital every month getting intravenous iron infusions (which were brilliant btw) and then changing jobs, moving countires and reducing my stress. I also lightened up my excersising, incorporated more fat into my diet and began to think about my health not what i looked like - i began to nourish myself with quality calories and worry less about 'low fat/low cal' foods.... it took me close to 2 yeras to rebuild what i had done to myself.

Take care of yourself first and foremost - as you will see form the forums here, weight loss is possible withour stressing our bodies through excerise - or you can do lighter workouts like yoga or pilates, or swimming.

PM me if you have questoins.