Show Me Your Worst Parts.....

Options
Yes, this topic could very well go horribly horribly wrong and get locked very quickly, but I wanted to put this out there. I love taking pics of my legs, face and especially any pic that shows off my smaller waist or collarbones. However, I dread anything to do with my upper arms. They have always been HUGE. When I was at my largest (somewhere around/above 450 lbs.), my upper arms were twice the size of my head. They were so big that the largest women's sizes in local stores (5X, 32W) would not fit my upper arms and I had to wear everything sleeveless. What a cruel joke that was! Anyway, since my highest recorded weight, 327 lbs. officially, I have lost nearly 90 lbs. My upper arms are smaller.... more toned.... but there's a massive ton of loose skin. I know that with time and toning and strength training that I can gain muscle and that some of this may shirnk. I also have a feeling that I may need skin surgically removed from this area. That's all very far in the future -- so, for right now, today, I'm disgusted with this body part. Here are pics to remind me of where I'm heading -- steps in the right direction, but I don't want to deny how bad I feel about this part.

What's your worst? And are you willing to show it in an unedited, raw, honest manner?

I feel kind of brave for showing these... eventhough I find it such an ugly part of myself. These are the feelings I deal with every day. The road to getting healthy has it's ugly bumps, sharp curves and deep ditches.

179388_341194209283697_122547086_n.jpg

600071_341194749283643_990312679_n.jpg

Replies

• sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Ah, I was excited for a second, but now I see this isn't in chit-chat... :wink: :tongue:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ah, I was excited for a second, but now I see this isn't in chit-chat... :wink: :tongue:

No Sir.... i actually got real for a moment there. Doesn't happen often! :flowerforyou:
  • ladyinblaq
    Options
    My arms are the same way, but as I cannot seem to get my pics from my cell phone to my computer for some reason, I cannot share how bad they look.
  • cutekidblue
    Options
    you are brave :) My upper arms are also my worst part..... I don't have the guts to post a picture. I won't even go out in public without sleeves.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My lower belly is my worst part,modding the apron thing, even though I'm not that big anywhere else. But I'm not confident enough to show pictures. Maybe when I've lost 90 lbs I will? Congrats on your awesome loss and your bravery.
  • Fraileya19
    Fraileya19 Posts: 42
    Options
    Mine is my lower stomach. I call ur my second *kitten* crack haha. It looks like their us a split in the middle if the skin. I'll upload a pic when I get on my laptop.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    309m002.jpg
    My upper arms, my bags under my eyes (5am rise for work, not enough rest) and my stretch marks (it was too light in my bathroom so you can barely see them). And I'm not showing my belly where it is stretch mark city.

AND my pale skin. Because I cover all my skin up lol.
  • marisablakley
    marisablakley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't know where to start....but i would have to say my legs and tummy. i don't know how to post pictures or i would show you right
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My stomach:-( And since I have swayback (my back curves in more, making my butt and tumy stick out), it's even worse from the sideview.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have a muffin top that I absolutely HATE, so in my opinion thats my worst part. Second would probably be my thighs.
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    right now...inner thighs (have always been thicker) and my stomach which now after 3 kids, and one being 9-1/2 lbs, looks like crumpled tissue paper and that I am still 3 mos pregnant....hoping the last 20lbs lost will fix that. :(
  • tamaradoria
    Options
    I absolutely hate my legs and butt......thighs r wrinkles, knees are Hughes and I hv cankles...... I have excess skin from losing 100 pounds. So shorts very rarely enter my wardrobe. I also hv the jiggly arms but can live with them.
  • doveyloveysara
    Options
    I've gotta say the parts of me that make me insecure have ALWAYS been my thighs and hips. It's been worse in the past couple of months because I've started developing AWFUL stretch marks all the way up and down them. I've also developed a recent dislike of my back since I've noticed I've got some rolls back there now too. I'm DEFINITELY too much of a chicken to show, but I do like the idea of this post!

Shows that EVERYONE has insecurities and a lot of them are fairly common. It's no secret why we're on this site so I'm glad that someone's discussing it. (:

Also, as a side note...
    A part of my body that I LOVE will always be my neck and my boobs. (:
    (Always gotta balance the bad with the good, right?)
  • ohyousillygirl
    ohyousillygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My arms are my “worst part” as well! I’ve always felt like they were disproportionately big and it’s the only thing that’s really bothered me. This picture is kind of old but I think you can see what I mean- it gets all fatty towards the top. It’s a bit smaller now I think but it still measures at 12’’ around which blows my mind.

bGOeN6h.jpg
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just sitting here thinking how much I hate my fat belly. Everything else is just a little 'fluffy' but the belly is F A T.
    I hate it.