Odd things/comments people tell you on your fitness journey

Options
So I went to the gym today. I won't lie, I haven't made it very often this week because it was closed for the Memorial Day weekend and I had been rearranging my storage closet in my apartment, packing for a cross country move, lifting heavy boxes, and carried A LOT of things for a recent garage sale. Basically burning some calories outside of the gym. Anyways, I have been trying to lose weight in a healthy, pound a week kind of way since the end of April. Been doing well (or so I think), and I went down another pound when I weighed myself this morning (9 pounds since I started using MFP).

My friend works at the gym, and when I saw her today, I mentioned my recent drop in weight. I made an off hand comment about how funny it is that I don't feel much thinner but how I really noticed it when my clothes fit differently this past week. So she then tells me "Well fat weighs less than muscle, and since you haven't been working out as much, it's probably just that your weight is shifting to your stomach and you are losing muscle mass, etc. Probably why you feel fat and why you're losing weight on the scale. You're just putting on more fat."

I'm not really sure where she got this from, but I found it odd. I had told her how my shorts fit better, my professional slacks are sexier, my hourglass looks like an hourglass again (not an hour glass and a half) but what she got out of it was that I felt fat and was putting on fat....huh?

So what's the weirdest thing someone has said about your fitness journey?

P.S. It was HER yard sale I was helping with this past weekend. :laugh: