25, finished RN school-Cali

Hello!! I am Jessica, just finished nursing school, live in California! Looking to get off these 10 pounds I gained in nursing school from stress, and sitting studying all day long. Can't wait to feel good about my body again! If anyone can relate, add me and we can help keep eachother on track! : )

Thanks

Jess

Replies

• schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    I'm just impressed that you only gained 10 pounds in nursing school! :laugh:
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm an RN too, you can add me. I live in Phx AZ
  • Nycie30
    Nycie30 Posts: 23
    Congrats on finishing nursing school. I'm just now starting nursing school next week, but I'm hoping I don't gain any weight from it.
  • meowmixx25
    meowmixx25 Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks all, ya my weight fluctuates up and down even out of nursing school. But I have 2 weddings this summer so looking forward to toning things up.
  • meowmixx25
    Nycie Good luck!!! :))
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Nursing school put 30 lbs on me. :( Two years after graduation, I'm still wearing it. Thank God for a loving, supportive boyfriend who loves me at all my sizes. As an RN, I definitely find my job harder when my body is screaming at me...my back hurts, my feet hurt. Get your weight off now before you get your *kitten* handed to you with 4-6 pts on a busy med surg floor. The stress only gets more intense when you start your new job. Hang in there!
  • meowmixx25
    Nursing school put 30 lbs on me. :( Two years after graduation, I'm still wearing it. Thank God for a loving, supportive boyfriend who loves me at all my sizes. As an RN, I definitely find my job harder when my body is screaming at me...my back hurts, my feet hurt. Get your weight off now before you get your *kitten* handed to you with 4-6 pts on a busy med surg floor. The stress only gets more intense when you start your new job. Hang in there!

Thanks KT for the congrats and advice! Yah, my concern is eating healthy still on those long 12 hr shifts, but i just need to come prepared and not eat crappy cafeteria food! No boyfriend, and I think that has to do with my own self esteem, once i gain that back..and start being confident with myself again... I am hoping to add a significant other into my life :)..