Tasha's Homemade Pasta E Fagioli Soup

Options
Magenta15
Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
Here's a recipe I made alot when I was on WW cuz it was only a point a Cup and super yummy! every one always asks me to make it! veggies are really whatever you like I like to bulk it up with lots of veg. i would have used Whole wheat pasta but i didn't this time depending on how noodly you like it do 1/2 to 1 C :smile:

I wish there was a recipe calculator to add home made foods, i had to work out what each ingredient was before I could add it as a whole recipe to the database -- tedious lol:grumble:

it's in the data base as Tasha's Pasta E Fagioli

** Bacon - Bacon, 1 strips 25 0 2 1 0 0 [the recipe calls for 6 strips - i find this too strong but none lacks the bit of flavor it gives, so one or 2 is good - could sub a turkey bacon i suppose]
**Tubetti Pasta- Enriched Macaroni Product, 1 cup (56g) 601 123 3 21 6 3
**Canned White Kidney Beans, 1 container (2 cups ea.) 440 72 2 32 22 0
** Canned Diced Tomatoes, 1 container (3 cup (125 ml) ea.) 150 36 0 6 6 24
**Chicken Broth Fat Free Rdcd Sodium, 1 container (4 cups ea.) 40 0 0 8 0 4
**Onions - Raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia) 46 11 0 1 2 5 remove
**Leeks - (bulb and lower leaf-portion), raw, 1 leek 54 13 0 1 2 3 [optional]
**Carrots - Raw, 3 medium 75 18 0 2 5 8 remove
**Celery - Raw, 4 stalk large (11"-12" long) 35 7 0 2 4 5 remove
approx 4 cups water
tomatoe paste is optional i didn't include it here
any spices you like: i put garlic, oregano, basil,

cook up your bacon, then add all your diced veggies til onions and celery are translucent, add everything else [you can reserve 1/4 of the beans and mash them and add them at the end to thicken it a bit, i dont bother] and i dont add the noodles til all the veggies are tender so that they are not all bloated and over cooked :)

Remember Meal 1,466 280 7 74 47 52

Makes about 10 cups

Tasha's Homemade - Pasta E Fagioli, 1 cup =
Cal =146
Carb = 28
Fat = 1
Protein = 7
Fibre = 5
sugar = 5

Enjoy!

PG:flowerforyou:
aka Tasha :laugh:

Replies

• Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    This sounds yummy! I'm always looking for easy recipes that are low in calories.

A couple of quick questions. Have you ever frozen small containers? I'm always looking for things I can freeze and take to work for lunch.

Also, the white kidney beans. I don't usually buy a lot of beans, do you mean a can or bag of beans? Do you measure out 2 cups?

Thank you!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    oops sorry!:blushing:

I edited my post to as well

canned beans - drain/rinse them and dump them in :smile:

and cook up the bacon before adding anything in the pot :)

crap I keep having to edit cuz i forget things! lol

yep i have about half my batch in the freezer right now ready to grab and go!

PG:flowerforyou: