How do YOU get your 8 cups?

Options

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Drink a cup when you wake up, drink at least 1-2 with every meal & I usually drink 2 cups after working out.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have a big cup that holds 16oz. I down one first thing in the AM, and sip from it all day long. I down another 1/2 glass before bed.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 gallon a day. To start the day, I open a gallon of bottled water and chug a few glasses and keep drinking it throughout the day.

I work from home, so I don't need to lug that gallon everywhere, but I would if I had to.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have a giant Nalgene that holds approximately 4 cups. I usually finish one in the first 2-3 hours I'm awake, and the second I sip on throughout the day. After exercise/practice I usually can chug down 2 cups easily :p
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i have a filterd jug in the fridge, i just keep refilling my cup all day
  • Dianne4Him
    Dianne4Him Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The only thing I drink is water (on occassion something else) but drinking it with meals is easy and those can add up to at least 6 cups (a restaurant glass is two cups) Also, it's lots cheaper (most restaurants charge nearly $2 a drink ... my family prefers water and it's an automatic $10 off for us eating out!

I add lemon to mine and sometimes a splash of fruit juice to give it different flavors. Hope this helps! :happy:
  • sportsbear46
    Options
    I have 2 of those water bottles that look like water coolers. One for home and the other for work. they are both 64 ounces. I usually drink the whole one at work and bout half of the other at home.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I get my 8 cups through eating delicious, water filled foods. I also enjoy a few cups of tea throughout the day, and a bottle or two of water if I work out.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I drink a pint (2.4 US cups) soon as I'm up. I drink another with breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus whatever I need while at the gym but that'll be at least a pint. I found it easier to drink then as I'm already in the kitchen so just got into the habit of pouring the water while preparing the food.

I've gone from zero water, literally nothing at all to this. I built it up from having the pint when I first woke up and trying to add another somewhere every few days. Now I pour and drink without even thinking about it and definitely notice if I've not had enough. Yes I was in the loo every 5mins to start with but not anymore. All this since feb/march
  • sarahjeanne2000
    sarahjeanne2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well right off the bat - some days i get more & some days i get less. what i try to do is take a 16oz water bottle & put 2-3 tea bags in it. I mix them up - green tea w/ mint tea or mango w/ mint. Sometimes I'll have 3 different flavors of tea, then I just drink it. And I keep filling it back up. Eventually it will start getting pale, then you replace the tea bags & start over. I hate the taste of not cold water and this works for me. Also take your water bottle, take a couple sips, uncap it & put it in the freezer. Once it is half frozen, take it out of the freezer & crunch it up. It's awesome! Icy, chunky water! And you can keep refilling that. I can't do Crystal Lite, the artificial sweetners kill me!
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    I used to drink a looooot of diet soda and very little water. I still drink some soda most days but limit myself to one can per day. I thought I would find it harder to get in my 8 cups but instead I'm normally through my 8th cup early to mid afternoon.

I'm also the type of person who snacks mindlessly while I'm on the computer or watching tv. While watching videos or waiting for pages to load, etc., I'd be reaching for snacks to keep my hands busy. Now I've just stopped bringing snacks into my room and instead always have a bottle of water with me throughout the day. When my hands are itching to reach for something, my water's right there so I drink quite a bit without really realizing it.

My bedroom is on the second floor of a two story house so any time I finish my water I immediately make myself go downstairs to refill it. Also a sneaky way of getting myself to move around a bit more throughout the day. XP
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    coffee
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Iv got a water bottle that holds two cups. I try and drink one by lunch, another before 3 and one during the evening. With my 2 cups of tea I usually finish dead on.

Iv recently found that I love adding fresh lime to my water, tastes really nice
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    When I am at home I don't have a problem.. but at work the water tastes odd so I add mio and it goes down easily.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I get bored quickly at work, and I'm one of those people who eat out of boredom. So, instead of grabbing a snack I just drink my water until I'm not hungry anymore! :)

This. I have a 32 oz cup on my desk that I refill 2-4 times a day. Sometimes I take lemon or lime to add to it.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I drink it all day long - 5-6 bottles at the gym alone!
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Drink water before and between meals. Sometimes hunger symptoms are really just signs you're dehydrated.

Also I buy either 23.7 oz or 1 liter bottles of water (or re-use them) that way I can get 3-4 cups in at once.

It gets so much easier the longer you do it! When I first started drinking more water I had to add crystal light to all my bottles, now I love plain ol' water!!
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Coffee does not count as getting your water in since it's a diuretic and makes you pee more which dehydrates you.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking plain water. I have a bottle that holds 34 ounces that i put one crystal light in and fill. I have a really big coffee cup and have it with tea for breakfast (that makes 3 more). A cup of coffee or tea at work and a glass of water with my evening meds. DONE but it took me a while to figure out a system that works for me.
  • The_new_Amy
    Options
    I used to drink about 8 cans of diet coke a day, and no water. When I decided to do this 'for real' this time, I bought a 32 oz water bottle. I carry it with me EVERYWHERE, around the house, in the car, everywhere and drink it all day. I usually fill it 2-3 times per day. I keep it next to my bed and drink 16 oz before I even get out of bed in the morning. I think it's made all the difference in my weight loss and I just feel and look so much better. I keep frozen lemon slices on hand to pop into it and once in a while will add cucumbers and mint but after about a week of making myself drink that much water, it just became obvious that my body so needed and is benefitting from it.