I'm 70 yrs old & my daughter inspired me to do this-help!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the site. I just turned 70, and am very active with weight training and pilates. But sometimes I over do it. And then my back screams, "Do you know how old I am?!" Sometimes we just don't get along.

I'd love to hear from some of you in this general age range, as well as anyone else who cares to say hi. I'm extremely healthy, and in really good shape, and I hope to keep it that way for a long time.

Hope to meet some of you soon!

Replies

• mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great resource for nutrition and fitness info and the calorie tracking is a wonderful tool, I know I couldn't have done what I have this far without it. My 45 year old back gives me grief sometimes too so it's not always an age thing. :) Good on ya for staying fit, I hope to stay as active and have a great attitude like yours when I hit 70 (and have my daughter inspire me). All the very best to you!
  • moopity
    moopity Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! So happy to see you online and hoping you make lots of friends to help keep you motivated! :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • EllenGould
    EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are. I hope to get healthy and fit and mfp is really helping. Welcome.
  • justme4163
    Options
    Hi, I am 70 also!!! Just coming here for the 1st time today, June 2nd......I would love to have a friend my age. I live in Indiana..where do you live? How much wt do you need to lose? I hope to be able to lose at least 55# Have had trouble with it, and so hope this
    will be a real help to me. My name is Vicki I know my weaknesses are not exercising much or drinking enough water.....hope to change that!!!
  • bayoubelle7
    Options
    glad to hear from a fellow 70 year young!! I'm from the bayou country down south, and I'm really enjoying this site. It helps my awareness of what I actually eat, and can't those calories creep up!!! I'm not here to really lose weight - I want to stay fit and strong and also keep my osteoporosis at bay, so healthy diet and exercise are really big for me. Enough water is a problem for me, as well. I just don't think about it!!! I'm trying to change that, not very successfully. As far as exercise, I go to classes at a gym and also a pilates studio. The instructors are so sweet about encouraging me by showing me adaptations of a move I can't make as well as the 20 year olds in class, so I feel very accepted and part of the group. Maybe you could try a class to help motivate you. After class, I always feel terrific!
    I'm glad you responded to my post - let's keep in touch and support each other.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Welcome to the both of you! It's fantastic to see enthusiasm from all age ranges!
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    I aspire to be like you at age 70!!! :happy:
  • konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    I aspire to be like you at age 70!!! :happy:

agreed!!!