38g protein left (and 233+ calories)..help!

Options
I'm just planning out my food for the day. (My diary is public). I have already and the morning protein shake and am about to have some PBJ toast. I have 38g of protein left and (at the moment) 233 calories. I'm going to be doing more walking later so will have even more calories later tonight.
What else can I add to today to bump up that protein and take up some of those calories some more? :ohwell:

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Personalyly, I wouldn't worry about it unless you actually end up hungry at some point. You already have over 1500 calories and aren't really exercising today. I'd leave it be. If you get hungry, grab a healthy snack!
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Personalyly, I wouldn't worry about it unless you actually end up hungry at some point. You already have over 1500 calories and aren't really exercising today. I'd leave it be. If you get hungry, grab a healthy snack!

I don't do exercise any day. I'm unable to currently. So my walking is my exercise. I also eat back those exercise calories :smile:
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Right. I see that. I'm just saying, with you already being on a 1550 calorie diet I don't think you really need to "eat back" calories from walking. I think you'd have better luck just sticking with your original goal. Just my opinion.... :)
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Turkey breast? 100g is about 29g protein & 130 cals...

Tinned tuna is also quite high in protein for cals - not sure of the figs though

Either of these with some veggies :)
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Tuna is about 30g of Protein and 130ish calories. I swear by the stuff.
  • LottieLou13
    Options
    I don't eat turkey or fish :frown: (*edited* to say as from today no meat, fish or dairy)

My personal thing is that I eat back my exercise calories. They come from my linked Fitbit. Personally I have lost more weight and feel better doing things this way. Some days I rack up 600+ calories burned through walking, thats alot not to eat back because its not real exercise.... IMO.
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No turkey or fish? Egads!
    How about eggs? Egg white omelette is around 5/6g protein per egg and 17 cals, just don't eat the yolk, that be where the calories lay.

Edited after reading your edit lol. Tofu maybe? That's good for you. Or just another protein shake instead?
  • LottieLou13
    Options
    Another protein shake is the only thing I can think of to have :frown: I may have to run to the shops to see if I can get some soy milk. I did'nt realise how low the protein is in almond milk :ohwell:
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you've gone vegan, you'll have a hard time getting the proper amount of protein since most plant based foods are primarily carbs. Even high protein plant foods like beans, rice, quinoa, and even tofu get 20% of their calories or less from protein. That's one of the reasons I've stayed lacto-ovo-veg is that I just can't get the protein I need otherwise, even with supplements.
    However, there are some products that can help. For example, a Morningstar veggie dog is only 50 calories with 7g of protein. There are others as well but you have to look carefully to keep the carb and fat count down. Good luck.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't eat turkey or fish :frown: (*edited* to say as from today no meat, fish or dairy)

My personal thing is that I eat back my exercise calories. They come from my linked Fitbit. Personally I have lost more weight and feel better doing things this way. Some days I rack up 600+ calories burned through walking, thats alot not to eat back because its not real exercise.... IMO.

you should be eating back your calories, so stick to your guns and don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't. the goal here is NET calories, which i think a lot of people forget :wink:

and walking is excellent exercise!! not everyone can do higher intensity cardio, for whatever reason. but you're not letting that keep you down, and you're still out there burning calories. great job!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Right. I see that. I'm just saying, with you already being on a 1550 calorie diet I don't think you really need to "eat back" calories from walking. I think you'd have better luck just sticking with your original goal. Just my opinion.... :)

If she has decided to eat her exercise calories back, then that is her decision and THAT is her goal.

OP: Maybe you can look at soy 'dairy' as well as nuts, seeds, beans, quinoa, avocado. Some of these are usually high in fats though. I would suggest looking through the vegan groups (and joining and posting the question there) as they have loads of ideas and recipes.
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options

you should be eating back your calories, so stick to your guns and don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't. the goal here is NET calories, which i think a lot of people forget :wink:

and walking is excellent exercise!! not everyone can do higher intensity cardio, for whatever reason. but you're not letting that keep you down, and you're still out there burning calories. great job!!

Yeah! I've lost most of my 50lbs "just walking"! :D Keep it up!