So call me maybe?

Options

Replies

• dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    That song irritates me in ways I can't explain. What irritates me about it even more is the fact that Carly Rae Jepsen is 26 years old. If she were some 18 year old ex Disney star or something, ok, I could at least let it slide that it's a super teeny bopper song, but really, 26 years old?? Shouldn't you be embarking on a career, maybe looking into a 401k, or comparing health benefits instead of getting nervous about giving a boy your phone number?

Stupid.

401k?
    She's made enough off of that song, she shouldn't have to worry about it.

I don't mean literally, I mean in terms of subject material. She's too old to be singing about such stupid *kitten*.

because songs about people's 401k are always catchy. what was that Jay-Z song that he did about his 401k? or was it his E-Trade account?

Good God people, I just said NOT LITERALLY! The point I was making is that her song sounds like a song a teenager should be singing, not a grown adult woman.

Also, it's really annoying.

try living up here in Canada. it's been on the radio for 6 months now.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    bow down to the power of Bieber.

There's no way I'm bowing down before Bieber...

Never know what could happen.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    That song irritates me in ways I can't explain. What irritates me about it even more is the fact that Carly Rae Jepsen is 26 years old. If she were some 18 year old ex Disney star or something, ok, I could at least let it slide that it's a super teeny bopper song, but really, 26 years old?? Shouldn't you be embarking on a career, maybe looking into a 401k, or comparing health benefits instead of getting nervous about giving a boy your phone number?

Stupid.

401k?
    She's made enough off of that song, she shouldn't have to worry about it.

I don't mean literally, I mean in terms of subject material. She's too old to be singing about such stupid *kitten*.

I'm 27 and about ready to get back into the dating world (in the middle of a divorce). I gotta tell you...the idea of giving a guy my number terrifies me :laugh:

Just because she's a little older, doesn't mean she can't have fun with her songs :wink:

The whole song just sounds like a teenager is singing it. Not a grown woman.

I will admit I assumed she was like 17/18...but I think it's a fun song anyways <shrug>
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I will admit I assumed she was like 17/18...but I think it's a fun song anyways <shrug>

I hope she does sing some smarter songs which gets played in clubs.

Then I could at least get a smart lapdance one of these days..."Oh...yeah baby...go short on Facebook shares...yeah honey..."
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Then I could at least get a smart lapdance one of these days..."Oh...yeah baby...go short on Facebook shares...yeah honey..."

I would absolutely download that on iTunes.

Music these days...does NOT give me enough financial advice!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

is that what Sean Kingston was singing about?

"I I I I I ain't got no shorty
    That's why I'm
    Checkin' Tracy, eyeing Stacey
    Stuck in the club still lookin' for love

'Cause I I I I I ain't got no shorty
    That's why I'm Calling Barbra, texting Carla"

i guess these girls are his financial advisors?!?!?
  • TheLakeBeast
    Options
    Yeah, uh huh you know what it is...... black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow.

another wiz khalifa on myfitnesspal?! I never thought I would see the day.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I must be old because I don't know what you kids are talking about. :noway:

Nah, you're not old.

Just better taste in music
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Now you all have that song stuck in your head.
    :flowerforyou:

Oh balls! You got me! :(
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Love that song. In my running mix.

Mine too!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    one of the most annoying songs I have ever heard, sucks that the local radio station plays it so much, ugggh
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've heard this song like 6 times today since I started listening to music at work (around 8:30a)...It's being overplayed!
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That awesome moment: when you don't know that song.

^ this

And maybe I am too old to know this song....might not be bad though because not into kiddy pop anyway
  • dcjackson50
    dcjackson50 Posts: 196
    Options
    LOVE IT,....and totally dance in my seat when it comes on while I'm driving :o) yep I get lots of stares who cares

****walks away from computer singing "black and yellow, black and yellow" whhhhyyyyyyyy
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Now you all have that song stuck in your head.
    :flowerforyou:

I hate you so much right now.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Love that song
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    We play a game with songs like this at work... randomly someone will attempt to get songs randomly stuck in people's heads... and when those people are either caught singing/humming the song, or admit to having had it planted, the planter gets a point. At the end of the week, that person gets to leave at lunch.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Here's one for you: Sweet Home Alabama... Mississippi Girl, and Ramblin Man ...Mardi Gras Mambo .....I was feeling homesick and thought I would give y'all some better songs to stick in your head.... I think I got all back home places covered

21842360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Stupid.

Holy crap, she is 26?

^^^ WOW I HAD NO IDEA SHE WAS THAT OLD!!! AND I THOUGHT SHE WAS A DISNEY STAR!!! BUT YES THAT SONG IS VERY ANNOYING INDEED!!!
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think I am very glad that I don't know that song. It sounds crapalicious.

Unfortunately, I still have My Darkest Days in my head from last night...DH kept repeating lines to embed the earworm in my brain. :grumble: