• divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always have:

Whole romaine hearts
    Green onions/scallions
    Plain greek yogurt (usually Chobani)
    Frozen chicken breasts
    Meatless breakfast crumbles (husband's favorite)
    Apples
    Potatoes
    Whole wheat wraps
    Carrots
    Celery
    Fresh garlic bulbs
    Dry Parmesan cheese (not grated)
    Decaf coffee
    Heavy cream --I feel like I should explain that this comes from a local dairy, and I use it to make butter and whipped cream. I don't buy either of those things anymore and I am never looking back.

My go-to meal is a huge salad made from one head of romaine and two green onions, with 1tbsp each of olive oil and balsamico. I add whatever herbs are on hand and it is my favorite thing, any time of the year.

Recently, I started making another go-to recipe of roasted chicken breasts with parmesan and garlic, plus roasted romaine. My mouth started watering as I typed this. <3 I do have the recipe if anyone wants it. :)
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Great stuff guys! TK can you post your quinoa and tofu recipe? Also, dumb divorced-guy question - where is tofu usually located at in super markets? I am getting better at healthy shopping but I still get distracted in Wegmans LOL

I didn't post the original topic, but the tofu is usually located next to the bagged salads, coleslaw and dressings in the cold case
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    What is TVP?

Textured vegetable protein (vegetarian meat replacer)
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Great stuff guys! TK can you post your quinoa and tofu recipe? Also, dumb divorced-guy question - where is tofu usually located at in super markets? I am getting better at healthy shopping but I still get distracted in Wegmans LOL

I didn't post the original topic, but the tofu is usually located next to the bagged salads, coleslaw and dressings in the cold case

Awesome - Thanks!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    bump for later review
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options

Wegmans has their brand tofu....which I love...usually in the Nature's Market section with the 'dairy' type stuff!!

Seriously the 'recipe' is super simple! :)

1/8 package of tofu, pressed
    1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
    1/4 cup chopped zuchini
    1/4 cup chopped onions
    1/4 cup chopped pepper
    1/4 cup Quinoa
    1tbsp. chopped garlic
    Ms. Dash

In a frying pan or wok cook the tofu first with pepper and Ms. Dash....I usually use Olivo Spray butter or even vegetable broth....until it starts to brown, then add the veggies and cook to your desired tenderness! :)

In a small sauce pan, cook quinoa as directed!

When done mix together and eat! LOL...like I said simple simple simple! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Staples:
    soy milk
    brown/wild rice mix (Lundberg brand usually)
    Instand brown rice
    a variety of dried beans
    a variety of frozen fish/shellfish
    canned tuna
    hummus
    carrots
    onions
    garlic
    jalapeno
    frozen peas
    frozen collard greens
    Flat Out wraps
    canned refried beans
    canned beans
    Organic corn tortilla chips
    salsa
    Rotel diced tomatoes w habanero
    Reduced fat cheddar cheese
    Hellman's Canola oil mayo
    a variety of mustards
    a variety of vinegars
    Barilla Plus pasta
    EVOO

We keep a well stocked freezer and pantry so we're never short on meal options, but fallback quickie meals for when we are in a hurry or just don't feel like cooking much are:

Wraps made with hummus or leftover fish/meat and a mustard/vinegar/evoo vinegrette
    Nachos made with tortilla chips, canned refried beans, chopped onion, salsa or Rotel, and cheddar cheese
    Pasta with mayo, canned tuna, chopped onion and peas.
    Instant brown rice with beans and frozen greens
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
    Whole Grain Bread
    Tuna
    Frozen Veggies
    Frozen Talapia Filets
    TruMoo Chocolate Milk
    Almonds
    Bananas
    Yogurt
    Cream of Wheat
    Oatmeal
    Chicken Breast

Fallback Meal: Pan Cooked Talapia with Garlic and Lemon with a big serving of steamed veggies. The whole thing can be done in about ten minutes.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Wegmans has their brand tofu....which I love...usually in the Nature's Market section with the 'dairy' type stuff!!

Seriously the 'recipe' is super simple! :)

1/8 package of tofu, pressed
    1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
    1/4 cup chopped zuchini
    1/4 cup chopped onions
    1/4 cup chopped pepper
    1/4 cup Quinoa
    1tbsp. chopped garlic
    Ms. Dash

In a frying pan or wok cook the tofu first with pepper and Ms. Dash....I usually use Olivo Spray butter or even vegetable broth....until it starts to brown, then add the veggies and cook to your desired tenderness! :)

In a small sauce pan, cook quinoa as directed!

When done mix together and eat! LOL...like I said simple simple simple! :)

Very cool - thanks - always looking for new ideas on quick healthy meals and I have been wanting to incorporate Tofu into my "staples".
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    saving for later. thank-you