Refrigerator oatmeal and oatmeal smoothie

Options
iamkarent
iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
Someone posted a link to make refrigerator oatmeal, which led me to the second alternative which was oatmeal smoothies that you make and refrigerate overnight for an easy grab meal/snack.

Well..I did the run to the health food store for the chia seeds that I had never tried before...and must say...I am happy with BOTH!

I cant wait to try other flavors!

Here is the smoothie I am currently enjoying:
http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/231/Pineapple+Coconut+Milk+Smoothie

Just under 300 calories...and there is no way I am finishing this....it will be going back in the fridge to enjoy the rest later.

Replies

• monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    bump! thanks for sharing!
  • ShellyCheng
    ShellyCheng Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did the same as you...I have in my fridge ready to eat tomorrow the chocolate (took out the banana) and the banana peanut butter oatmeal breakfast. I got the PB2 at Whole Foods and the calories are 45 for TWO TABLESPOONS and 1.5 FAT GRAMS!! AWESOME!!! I hope they taste good...and I got the chia seeds too. I think I'm going to grind some up with oatmeal and put in container for a quick smoothie without the chunks. Thanks for your link, that flavor combo looks awesome!
  • ShellyCheng
    ShellyCheng Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay, this morning I ate the banana and peanut butter recipe (PB2) and oh my...that was awesome!!!
    I also made the chocolate banana, but left out the banana to see and it needs the banana because it needed to be a bit sweeter. With the bananas it would have been perfect.

I made both using NOT Greek yogurt, but Stoneyfield's French vanilla instead because my friend said hers were both a little sour tasting. WILL definitely being this all summer and keeping for dessert, snack and breakfast. YUMMY!
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I made some more of the smoothies and lost one to my 12 year old son...guess that passes the taste test...lol. Had to set the smoothie rule...you can eat them...but don't ever take my last one...lol

Now I have the chocolate banana oatmeal made for breakfast ...can't wait!!!

The powdered peanut butter is already on my list to find...I saw that listed on there too...dying to try it!
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    bump
  • Audrey403
    Audrey403 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump