Can YoYo Keep Her Skinny Jeans?

Options
My weight fluctuates pretty severely sometimes. Although I've never been heavier than I am now... I believe I can lose the weight [again] and fit into those cute clothes I used to wear last summer.

In the midst of organizing and throwing things away that I don't use, I have questioned keeping my skinny clothes because it's been about a year since I last wore them.

What do you think? Should I keep them around for motivation or let them take up space with all the rest of my things in storage?

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I say keep em. that way once you do fit into them again you have a way to prove it to yourself. Also you can maintain by keeping them because if they ever start to get tight then you know to start losing weight again.
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm keeping mine also.

My default picture is me 8months ago at my GW. I was almost 2 sizes smaller then and I REFUSE to throw out my skinnier clothes. I just think of how much it will be better to fit into those again (rather than keep getting bigger and have to go buy more clothes $$)
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Put them in a box in the garage, and date and label them. Write a note to yourself on the box to open in a year. When the time comes, and if you still don't fit in them, get rid of them. Or if you know the size, write it on the outside of the box, and if you'renot that size in a year, don't open the box. Get rid of the whole box. You probably didn't miss them anyway (they've been in a box for a year).

Point: if you do lose weight, you can buy something that is more in style for when you are that size again (and you will be that size again).

One exception: keep vintage. However, old doesn't automatically make it vintage. If you have a channel suit from the 60s (I wouldn't get rid of that, for example).