I need the antidote to a 2000 calorie "bad" day!

Options
The title says it all! I ate WAY too much yesterday. It was worth it and tasted Uh-maz-ING, but what can I do today to counteract my bad choices from yesterday?

Replies

• gogo0000
    gogo0000 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
    need to know myself :p
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Simply do not make the same bad choices today. It was one day, you just get back on track and keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    2000 cals is NOT that bad!!! :) if it bothers you, you can add a few mins to your workout. :)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Throw it up. Just kidding. Exercise more and stay under today!! Lots of protein!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Simply do not make the same bad choices today. It was one day, you just get back on track and keep going! :flowerforyou:

THIS :bigsmile:

another thing to try - it wasn't a "bad" day - it was an "off" day - sometimes changing the language we use in our heads helps us to keep the focus (OK, it works for me)...
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I always make sure i do a few more workouts at the gym the next day.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Drink extra water today because you probably were way over on your sodium if you are calling it a "bad" day!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Seriously? 2000 calories is not a bad day. I eat 2200+ a day every.single.day and I'm at the lowest weight I've ever been (5'5", 120lbs). I think eating 2000 for me would be dieting!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Seriously? 2000 calories is not a bad day. I eat 2200+ a day every.single.day and I'm at the lowest weight I've ever been (5'5", 120lbs). I think eating 2000 for me would be dieting!

It is for me - I eat 1900 which is about 500 cals under maintenance. So don't worry about it, excercise a little more if you are worried and then start tomorrow anew. As one poster mentioned you may have a little water retention so stay away from the scale for a few days.
  • poncito
    poncito Posts: 19
    Options
    keep on going and don't look back
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and eat just under 2000 a day. If you exercise regularly, 2000 calories isn't much of a stretch.
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you were still under your maintenance, then it wasn't a "bad" day at all- just a slow day!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    One word...water. That's my secret to undo a bad day. Drink it until you cannot stand it anymore. Helps to drink it before and after every meal. Do not drink until you are uncomfortable, but like I said as much as you can stand.
  • VeggieMamaChristi
    VeggieMamaChristi Posts: 24 Member
    Options

This, exactly. I always let the bad days win and then they turn into bad 6 months or a year. I am not exaggerating or anything. So, don't let one day do you in and you will have the antidote!!!
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    Water and sweat! lots of both :)
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Throw it up. Just kidding. Exercise more and stay under today!! Lots of protein!

hahaha! your bad!
  • rbaubonis
    rbaubonis Posts: 9
    Options
    short -term memory loss is what you need. 2000 is a healthy amount of calories... assume you stayed status quo, and get back to your calorie goal today. It's probably not the 2000 that upsets you, it's one thing you ate that you regret... don't regret it, consider it a sanity meal, and move on. Don't try to make it up, just get back to your goals, and NEVER look back! :)
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just stay positive and keep working hard. One bad day does not ruin your progress. There are studies that "bad" days can actually rev up your metabolism because your body is shocked by the sudden increase of calories and is fooled into burning them instead of storing them because you've become accustomed to less. So keep your chin up, think back to the delicious food you had yesterday, and work hard until you can enjoy another cheat day.
  • GelinaKnows
    Options
    Remember: the body burns 2000 calories at REST, so they're gone. Just worry about hydrating & make sure it doesn't become a habit! :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    antidote?

I maintain 130 lbs. at 2000 cals a day . . .