No pull up bar!

TripleJ3
TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
As of right now I don't have a pull up bar in my home and I don't have access to a gym.

Is there another exercise I could replace it with for now until I get a bar?

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Yes, get a band with a door attchement on it and put it in the top of the door. Sit on your rear and lean forward so thatthe angle of the band and your back are the same and pull down in a pullup like motion. Otherwise, go to the park and use the monkey bars or use a rafter in the garage or something like that.
  • TripleJ3
    Its been a few years but I think they did do that in P90x.

What if I did some renegade rows?
  • newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Do you have a kitchen table? Lay under it and pull yourself up! Not exactly the same but still good.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Yes, get a band with a door attchement on it and put it in the top of the door. Sit on your rear and lean forward so thatthe angle of the band and your back are the same and pull down in a pullup like motion. Otherwise, go to the park and use the monkey bars or use a rafter in the garage or something like that.

WOW! you just gave me an idea! I've got a "air walker" that I can remove the foot pedal/bars and use the top bar for the "beginning" pull ups...cool beans!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Just get a cheap Iron Gym style doorframe pullup bar. Wal Mart sells them for $20 =P
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    for 28 bucks, i got one of those iron gym things...it's not a permanent installation (which is why i got it), and it works quite well with no damage to the door frame. also doubles as a great pushup bar and for little reverse dips.

hope i dont get flamed for buying one of those 'as seen on tv' things lol
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    The old fashioned/natural thing would be ti use a tree branch. You could also go down the road to your local playground and use the monkey bars for your pull-ups. Of course, I do love my Iron Gym. One of the best Christmas presents I got as an adult.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    bump....I have the same issue. I like the table idea, but I'd be afraid of breaking the table, lol (it's sectioned).
  • acragle
    acragle Posts: 26 Member
    When the time comes and you decide to get a bar for the home, I highly recommend the Easyeffort bar out of Canada. If money isn't an issue or you have a wide door frame, this is the way to go ... it has a super high quality build, generous foam, and lots of positions that make it superior to anything I have seen locally.
  • TripleJ3
    Great ideas!

I am doing a new routine and forgot about the pull ups but I am stuck at home and can't run up to the store!

Although using a tree branch sounds pretty bada** right now :glasses:

We are temporarily renting until we move out of state so I can't do anything permanent, but the bands would work or I'll look into a bar that doesn't have to be installed.

Thanks for all of the ideas!