Fifty Shades of Boring

Options
2»

Replies

• artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    II just don't understand someone who is having all of this so called crazy sex but calls her vag- "down there".

I don't think the word "vagina" was ever used in all three books. As you said, it's "down there" or "my sex", which also drove me crazy.
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Horrible.Book.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    There's a lot less kinkery in the others, so far (I'm midway thru 3), and yes, he does become more likeable. AND, the plot actually moves away from sex and into a bit more of a suspence.

This^^ There is a plot, which becomes more evident in book 2, but don't have too high of expectations. Christian does become more likeable and Ana comes out of her shell more. The 3rd book is meant to hold a bit of mystery, although it's pretty transparent. I wouldn't continue reading if you're looking for anything really cerebral, though.
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This whole book & hype infuriates me. It was Twilight fanfic! You can still download the original story before she changed the names from Edward & Bella!

I cannot believe that people are reading this crap and thinking it's the best work of fiction ever. Ugh.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    The writing is poor and the story is basically Twilight if you take out vampires and werewovles and add in kinkiness.

That's because this book series actually started out as a Twilight fanfiction story called "Master of the Universe".

*edit* Doh...the poster before me beat me to it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Seriously- who sleeps with a deflated helicopter balloon under their pillow?? And Ana's "inner goddess"- annoying!

"WOW:, she murmered, from beneath her lashes.