One year before and after!

Options
ncytiz
ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
I began my weight loss journey 1 year ago when I weighed 188, wore a size 16/18 and was the heaviest I’d ever been. I was turning 50 and I hated the way I looked and felt. When I went to the doctor for a physical and he told me that I was considered obese, I decided that I wasn’t going to live that way anymore. I was going to lose weight and get healthy.

I started out by watching what I ate and doing a program based on a book called “Run your butt off” which is very similar to C25K. I ran 5 days a week and began to lose weight. After about 3 months, I found MFP and began to track my calories and I continued to lose weight. I ran my first 5K in November, and then started alternating my running with various Jillian Michaels workouts. I ran a second 5K in March and shaved almost 5 minutes off my time.

I hit my original goal weight of 135 a couple of months ago, but then decided I wanted to lose an additional 10 pounds. Today I weigh 129 (I’m 5’-3”) and wear a size 4/6. I’m now turning 51 and healthier and thinner than I’ve ever been. I’d still like to lose that last 4 pounds, but I’m not too worried about it.

I’ve learned so much from all of you about how to eat and exercise to be healthy and I understand that this is lifestyle change, not a diet. I believe now I have the tools to make this a permanent change for the rest of my life. Thanks to all of you!

Before – 188 lbs, size 16/18
Before.jpg

After – 129 lbs, size 4/6
After5-27-12.jpg

Here’s a picture of me wearing the shorts in my “before” picture
Aftershorts5-29-12.jpg

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!!

Out of curiosity, have you gone through menopause? If not, keep up these great habits and it will be a breeze!
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    awesome awesome awesome! Great work, you efforts have paid dividends!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! That's such a great loss!!! You are an inspiring woman! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You look incredible. Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. :)
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Out of curiosity, have you gone through menopause? If not, keep up these great habits and it will be a breeze!

Actually, I had a full hysterectomy about 10 years ago, so that's all over and done with :smile:
  • grannykarla
    grannykarla Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :flowerforyou:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! :noway:

Fantastic job and keep it up!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! How did you do it? What were your methods?
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Awesome job, very inspiring!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!!!! Congratulations.:drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Actually, I had a full hysterectomy about 10 years ago, so that's all over and done with :smile:
    Then you're home free!!! You OWN this, lady! Good for you!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing! Congrats you look terrific!
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Amazing! Congrats!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • persilcolours
    persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look so fantastic!!!!!!! Congratulations!
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words!
    You look fantastic! How did you do it? What were your methods?

Since I started on my own, I just cut down on my portions and tried to eat right. After I discovered MFP, I was very careful with my calories and rarely went over. I got a little obsessive about it and had to convince myself that it wasn't good to be under on calories. I exercise 5 days a week doing running or exercise DVD's. I didn't start eating back exercise calories until I realized that I was tired all the time. So I started eating half of my exercise calories and I felt much better. Once I hit 135, I started eating all of my exercise calories. I'm losing slowly now, but that's fine with me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!