50 Pounds Lost - with pics

Options
jody0726
jody0726 Posts: 34 Member
Beginning MFP in January 2012, I NEVER thought I would write a success story, much less post pics. However, it has been through others being brave and sharing their stories that I have found encouragement. I, too, want to be an encouragement to others, so here goes. :wink:

Personally speaking, the past 6 months haven't been without change. In the last 2 months alone, I've walked through the loss of my grandmother, the passing of our two cats, my father's heart surgery, mother-in-law's broken leg/arm and taking care of her dogs/birds/household while she recovers. There have also been celebrations too, like spring weddings and most importantly, our youngest son's graduation from high school, complete with cake, cake, and more CAKE!! :love:

Since January, using tools I've learned on MFP, a pre-diabetic scare and a thyroid diagnosis from my doctor, I have lost 53 pounds and approx. 40 inches. I am still striving to reach my first goal of weighing what my drivers license says, and then reaching more goals from that point, but I am well on my way. I am SO THANKFUL for the group of friends that I've found here at MFP who accept me and encourage me on a daily basis.

EH0Qq.jpg?1
WOaSf.jpg?1

Replies

• Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options

ygxNb.jpg
    3LyTO.jpg
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look great and job well done! :smile:
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options

You look amazing!! 40 inches and 53 pounds- you are a machine^0^
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Lovely post ..... thanks for sharing !

Although you've been put through a ringer over the last few months, you've obviously stuck to your plans ..... you look wonderful ..... keep up the good work !
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's a lot to go through! I'm so glad you've made it through and are persevering! You look great! I think my favorite part is the two swim suits side by side. What a difference! Keep up the amazing work you're doing!
  • darla100
    darla100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You have done such an amazing job Jody~I am so proud you stuck with everything, no matter what life through at you. That is what it takes to be successfful on this journey..this is life, and how we adapt to everyday changes...you are beautiful and inspiring, I am so blessed to call you my friend!

P.S. I love the new swimsuit...bet ya look HOT!!!
  • MyDarkAngel
    Options
    WOW. You look great.
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    WOW.. So much done, in such a little amount of time.. You go girl!!!:flowerforyou:
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great job, you are such an amazing & strong woman!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You are awesome Jody!! I'm so proud for you and I know you must be of yourself.

P.S. I REALLY love the new bathing suit!!
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    Nice!

:smile:
  • bhenderson44
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Those bathing suits say it all! Great work!!!
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I love the picture of the swimsuits...very telling. Fantastic job!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    WOW!! you look wonderful...congrats on your weightloss!!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic work! I love the swimsuit pic! Puts an extra perspective out there :)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You're a strong woman!
  • cococab
    cococab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You go girl!!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow Jody! You look amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!