slow carb diet

Options
spdaphne
spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
Hi all,

I'm new here, I've been on MFP for about a month.

I've been overweight most of my life, I'm guessing the highest was at 200, but that's a guess. Possibly more.

Anyway I've never dieted, mostly because there's a lot of fad diets and the results never stuck or they never seemed realistic.

My eating has improved the last 5-6 year's, but when I've tried to be healthier, I was still hungry. Yes I lost weight but I have always struggled with portion control and balancing my meals. I'm now down to about 175 and hovered in the 170's for a couple years.

I don't have health problems, however diabetes runs in my family. I'd like to put that off as long a possible.

So on Wednesday, I decided to meet with a dietician. In short, she said I ate pretty well, but she wanted me to try out the SLOW carb diet. She feels like your food, what you eat is a way of life, not a diet. So after going over it, it seemed fairly easy since I can eat fruit, rice, etc. That 4 hr body diet which is also slow carb seems more restrictive.

Anyway, she gave me lots of useful info. Plus it just sounds really logical cuz you're getting back to the basics of whole foods and not eating processed foods

Curious others have tried this way of eating before?