too much protein?

Options
It appears I've created a habit of having too much protein according to MFP plan for me. It's probably why I can get by on eating less calories than planned without nasty side effects.

But what are the negatives to too much protein in ones diet? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm also looking for some pals as I'm new to the site! Thanks!

Replies

• thebutteredtoast
    Options
    I've also been wondering this! I always seem to go over on my protein.
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    MFP gives very low Protein intake and high Carb intake.
  • mppm1
    mppm1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to eat too much protein from a normal diet, and even if you do it doesn't really matter. Over years of being on a high protein diet (250g+) (bodybuilders for example) it can take it's toll on the kidneys trying to process it, but I wouldn't worry about it as I doubt your consuption is sky high.
  • mikem45
    mikem45 Posts: 35
    Options
    I noticed that the protein intake seems far too low. I can only say from a strength and conditioning point of view the general accepted amount of protein you should have per day is 1-2grams per lb of bodyweight. When im on a strength phase of my season i stick to 1.5grams per lb.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    what are your macros? how much protein do you have in a day? how tall are you? what is yr weight? all these things make a difference if you want a more accurate answer to yr question. maybe open yr diary for a little so we can help you tweak? ;)