Did something I've never done

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
So, I finally got rid of my "fat" clothes. Even when I lost weight at WW I never go rid of my fat clothes. I guess it was a safety net, just in case I gained weight. Well, this time, there is NO GOING BACK!!!!

Memaw

Replies

• sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go memaw! :flowerforyou: You must be so happy!

This was something I was thinking about last night. I figured if I had of never had my fat clothes still around, I never would have let myself gain weight again the way I did. Instead, I waited until my fat clothes were getting too small before I did something about it!

Good luck on the rest of your journey! I am so happy for you! :smile:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :happy:

Well done... what a confident act, you will never need them again i'm sure of that :happy:

Now to buy some new ones :laugh: :wink: lol

Jax x
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    that is great!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

mine is up in the attic!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Kate01
    Kate01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow well done you!!! :drinker:

I did the opposite about a year ago ...... i finally gave in and made the decision that I would never fit into my thin clothes and donated them to my local charity shop...

Now I have now almost got to my goal only a few pounds to go :drinker: ... but now my clothes are all too big .. :sad: I find myself borrowing my daughters .... she's not impressed ...:laugh:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Way to Go!!:drinker:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I only kept one pair of pants from my fat clothes. Yesterday I pulled them on, over the pants I was wearing and you could have held a party in all the excess room!

I say dump the old ones... then it is too expensive to go back!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    that must feel so good

when i hit my goal, that i will promise to maintain! i am going to go shopping for new clothes, i have my skinny clothes, but i feel that they have shrunken, and i dont need them around to making me feel fat. so i might get rid of a LOT of my clothing.
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    Options
    :flowerforyou: that is sooo great!!! I am still in mine :grumble: but I am working my way out of them :bigsmile: I kept a few of my favorite skinny outfits... but donated the rest... mostly b/c although they looked nice at the time i think i will deserve new ones when i make it to my goal :blushing: :smile: I do try my favorite skinny jeans on once a month to see how much closer they are to fitting... i can get them up... just no way in He** i am getting them over my butt @ this point :laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    you are awesome memaw!!!! congratssss, now u cant go back because look at it this way...if u do u'll have to walk around in the nude :-p....sooo keep on track and eventually you'll reach your goal and look back and think..."boy it didnt take as long as i thought it would" *HUGS*
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    "When Cortez reached the new world - he burned his ships... As a result, his men were well motivated". (Capt. Markos Ramius, 'The hunt for Red October').

Go Memaw - don't look back, you don't wanna go there. Never again. Never...

I just took 5 old pairs of 40" waist jeans to the garage to rip up for rags. They really looked like clown clothes. Thinking about keeping one pair just as a reminder. Too worn out to donate.

3 or 4 months ago I was overjoyed to buy a pair of 36" waist, and now they're getting baggy. Wearing 34"'s now, and they're not tight anymore. I don't know if I can get into 32's or not,,, I'm getting close to the hipbones now. :smile:

Go Memaw - we're doing it honey. We're winning!
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It must feel great. Can't wait until I can get rid of mine. But I think I'll keep one piece to remind me of what size I use to be (just for display in my closet to keep me from slipping). It will be a positive reminder to keep at it.
  • memaw66
    Options
    "When Cortez reached the new world - he burned his ships... As a result, his men were well motivated". (Capt. Markos Ramius, 'The hunt for Red October').

Go Memaw - don't look back, you don't wanna go there. Never again. Never...

I just took 5 old pairs of 40" waist jeans to the garage to rip up for rags. They really looked like clown clothes. Thinking about keeping one pair just as a reminder. Too worn out to donate.

3 or 4 months ago I was overjoyed to buy a pair of 36" waist, and now they're getting baggy. Wearing 34"'s now, and they're not tight anymore. I don't know if I can get into 32's or not,,, I'm getting close to the hipbones now. :smile:

My hubby is still in a 40 and getting bigger. He doesn't seem to want to lose. I wish he would but I know I can't make him want to. So I am just waiting. I even asked him if he was unconfortable being that size and he said he has learned to deal with it. From a man's point of view, is there anything I can say or do to make him want to lose the weight. I am worried about him for health reasons but even that doesn't seem to be enough.
  • mccullah
    mccullah Posts: 4
    Options
    I work for a Doctor's office and just today I brought in my larger scrubs for the new girl. It was a feeling of almost panic getting rid of my clothes that I was used to wearing. I have a hard time believing I fit into a medium now. I wore an extra large for so long, when I went into a large I was excited, now I am a medium.
    Even though I fit into smaller clothes now I have this problem of still seeing myself larger, I look the same to myself . I have lost 62 pounds and know that I am smaller, but I am having a hard time with the loss. I didn't think I was that big before, even though I wore big clothes. I gave away all my dressy heavy clothes. Before I I gave them away I did try some of them on, It was weird seeing the open space in them that my body used to fill and spill out of.
    Congrats on tossing the old clothes, now you can have fun of buying new ones.
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my fat clothes last week too!!!! It was amazing. Yesterday I went shopping for new clothes....How fun!!! This is what it's all about!
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have been giving my clothes away the whole time. As soon as they are a little to big to look good...they are gone. That way I can't say...oh I feel fat today and start wearing them again. That makes it easy for the pounds to pack on again without noticing. I also don't wear sweatpants hardly at all because it is easy to forget that they are supposed to be loose...does that make sense? If my jeans start getting tight I freak and know I better be figuring out why but if you wear baggy clothes all the time...you don't get that tight feeling to remind you that...hey what is going on here?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    <<snip>>

My hubby is still in a 40 and getting bigger. He doesn't seem to want to lose. I wish he would but I know I can't make him want to. So I am just waiting. I even asked him if he was unconfortable being that size and he said he has learned to deal with it. From a man's point of view, is there anything I can say or do to make him want to lose the weight. I am worried about him for health reasons but even that doesn't seem to be enough.

How to get a man to see that he needs to drop a few,,, Hmmmm.

I decided that I needed to do it because I was having health problems. The fat around my neck was making the sleep apnea really bad, so I wasn't getting good sleep and was just beat down and tired all the time.

I also have a second job teaching motorcycle classes that involves just hours and hours of standing up and walking around on blacktop. I take that job very seriously - if I screw up and fail to give a student my best that person may not ride as well as they could have,,, and might end up crashing and getting hurt or worse. Being so heavy and so tired all the time, I knew I wasn't giving my students the best.

My wife did make the occasional wisecrack or remark, but that didn't do it. I decided to take better care of myself because I had a couple of really good, important reasons to do it. So,,, the real question is - does he have good reasons to be healthier? Can you give him some,,, or make him see the good reasons?

There is one thing you can do that will probably at least contain the damage - you do the cooking? We work together on grocery shopping and I do 90% of the cooking in my house. I just stopped cooking crap. On my table you'll find lean meats - grilled/broiled/braised/boiled/roasted - and never EVER fried. You'll find a little bit of a healthy starch like corn or baby taters. And you'll find a big heaping steaming bowl of a veggie or 2 cooked just as yummy as I can make it. Dessert? Sure, we got dessert. Big ol' fruit salad. Watermelon, cantaloupe, nanners & strawberries. Mmmmm...

Make it harder for him to eat crap. If you live in my house, and you want to use your mouth for a garbage can, you're gonna have to make a trip. There's none in the house. Good luck. And bring me back a gallon of 2% and some asparagus. :happy:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Excellent! That shows that you are committed to this for the rest of your life! I applaud you and your efforts. I will take a page from your book, and as I go down in size, I'm going to heave-ho all the old stuff! Just on principle!!! :)

thank you for sharing that.
  • memaw66
    Options
    I do the cooking. I cook him breakfast and I pack his lunch. The problem is that he will still stop and get a burger AFTER eating the lunch I make him. Or he will sit on the couch in the evening and eat ALL of the healthy stuff in one sitting, thus making it not so healthy. He has a workout/weight bench thing upstairs that he never uses. He refuses to go outside during the day on the weekend, just wants to sit in front of the TV. I don't know what to say or do without hurting his feelings or saying something that will cause a fight. He doesn't seem to mind the weight but I can tell when he has a hard time getting off the couch, putting his shoes on, all the things I had problems w/myself. I don't want to come across as preachy just because I have lost some weight. I don't want to act like I'm an expert or anything. I just don't know how to handle it. He says he wants to stay big, in the arms and legs. When I asked if he wanted his stomach to stay that big too he just said "if I have to in order for my arms to stay big". He does't realize he can have muscular arms instead of BIG arms. Uggggggggg I just don't know what to do!!!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    First of all I just want to congratulate you on your success! Doesn't it feel great to get rid of those fat clothes? A bit scary but so liberating! There is no turning back now :happy:

As for your husband, I'm not sure if there is anything more you really can say or do. I'm sure he knows he is overweight, just like we all did, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is more sensitive about it than he is letting on. Does he go for a yearly physical? Perhaps hearing it from his doctor might motivate him more to make a change. His doctor could also provide him with some suggestions as well.

I know how hard it can be not to preach when you see a loved one going through the same thing you went through. Especially when you know you have knowledge and experience that could benefit them.

Kat
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!