Anyone else out there stuck in the 180's???

Options
I have been on MFP for about 3 months now and have been working SO hard to lose my first 20lbs... now that I have lost them, it seems like these last 20lbs won't go away!!! I have only been "stuck at 181.4 for 2 weeks now, BUT it is FRUSTRATING (especially when the first 20lbs SEEMED to have melted away so effortlessly)!!!

I have changed my routine, both in the gym (weight lifting), cardio (team INSANITY!!!), AND I have "upped" my calories and protein allowance, lowered Sodium and sugar-& even switched to whole grains,veggies and fruits with fish oil PLUS a multivitamin!)... NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO DO!!! I am losing inches, lost 10%body fat, and I feel better, BUT am I wrong to want that number on the scale to decrease??? That is the number that I am expected to recite at my doctor's office at every visit and seems to be the "proof" that I have actually been working toward my fitness goals!!!

I am such a perfectionist and it drives me CRAZY when I can't reach one of my (many) goals!!!! I know that I should remain patient and persistant, but... I needed to vent! Maybe someone could offer a few good tips??

Replies

• tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem for about 3-4 weeks now, the number on the scale doesn't bother me so much though. I'm just waiting and changing my routine again. the first 20-30 pounds did seem to melt away now is where the real work comes in, or so it seems.
  • wdiamond
    wdiamond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OMG meeeee too!!!! I've been losing and regaining the 10 pounds of the 180's for MONTHS now. I think my body is getting smaller (need to re-measure) but gaaawd the scale wont' budge. And I have another 30 to go!!!!
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Me too. Been bouncing around from 181-185 for about 6 weeks. It's driving me crazy! So ready to see it drop into the 170's and below.
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    I'm right there with ya'll! I've been stuck between 182-185 for SIX MONTHS now. I tried lowering cals, I tried upping cals, and now I'm resetting at maintenance. I still have another 20+ to go so I need to get over this plateau! It's frustrating, but I just keep exercising and getting stronger and telling myself eventually the scale will move again...
  • milwaukeegirl
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this site today. I'm starting at 189lbs. Trying to get to 150.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am stuck at 180.2 lbs!!!! I have 20 lbs to lose and it's FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Been stuck at 187.5 for 9 months. I have tried fasting and MFP along with upping my exercise routine to break through it with no luck. No I am doing calorie cycling which means I am over my current calorie intake by about 200, including exercise calories several days a week and then the rest of the time I will be under by about 200 calories. I have been doing it since this past Monday and the effects have been positive. My first weigh in for this is on Monday.
  • Srmmelson
    Srmmelson Posts: 31
    Options
    When I started this I came in at 200lbs, that was my rock bottom! I started workingout and eating better and got to 185 in like a month. Now I've been at 182 for about 2 months and I am kind of frustrated. I have been doing a lot better with all of the same things you have, and I'm working out harder too. I don't blame you for wanting the scale to move! I have noticed that I'm getting more toned though, so at least I can look at that as "progress" but I want more! Bodies are funny things and before you know it 180 will be a number that you used to be. I guess it's time to insert the cliche --Think of all of the progress that you have had in the past! Be proud of that!-- :D
  • Xxlovinlife2012Xx
    Options
    I am so there as well. I have been under a lot of personal stress and being an emotional eater does not help my situation. Even though I am active and run like crazy I have eaten more over the last month and gained 5 pounds. Talk about devastating after losing 40 pounds. I have since taken back my life and lost 3 of the 5 I gained and gosh darnit I will make it under 180.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck since JANUARY! So i truly know how you feel. But first great job with losing the BF%!!!! I've kinda got to the point where the number on the scale doesnt matter as much(but it still matters,lol). I weighed myself this morning and was up almost 10lbs WTH! But my clothes arent any tighter, they are a little looser and i still feel pretty good. I really want my bf% to go down and my tummy. I like to remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat and thats the reason and im sticking to it,lol! You will be fine.
    If you just changed your cal intake give it little longer to kick in. I've check a couple of different things out and find that i may need to up mine to almont 2400 a day! That is going to kill me but at this point i've got do do something!
  • milwaukeegirl
    Options
    I just got back on MFP. I see it's been almost a year since I first posted! I started at 192. I am currently 5'4'' and 165. I have been going up and down within a few lbs of 165 for several months now and I'm going crazy! My goal is 130. I was consistently losing 5 lbs per month from the time I started seriously changing my diet, which was October 2nd so I've been "stuck" at 165 since March. I have the summer off and plenty of time to get into shape. I need a little help!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I moaned about this very thing last week to everyone on my MFP wall. I have been losing and regaining the same 13lbs for he last 4 months. I have already admitted to myself why I'm in this vicious cycle. I keep eating and partying to "celebrate my weight loss.

Not anymore. I'm leaving the 180's for good and will try to get onto the 150's by August. Eat clean,exercise and keep a positive mindframe.

Anyone similar in this thread is free to add me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I thought this said "stuck in the 1800's", and I was like "TIME MACHINE! *CLICK*"

:sad:
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    oops